Breaking Waves- Only Shaders And Light? **SOLVED**

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
edited May 2014 in The Commons

http://www.daz3d.com/breaking-waves

It says this is included, but I only have a light set, and two shaders. Anyone else have this that can see if they have the pp2, daz or obj? I reinstalled it again, same thing.

What's included:
Morphing Ocean Wave/Curls Prop (.PP2, .DAZ, .OBJ )

Light Blocking Apron

Textures Include:
Breaking Wave Water Texture (4096 x 4096 )
Breaking Water Plane - Displacement (1600 x 1600 )

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited April 2014

There are 2 versions you get. Breaking Waves DS and Breaking Waves PS.

The pp2 for the PS version is in Poser Format > Library > Props > FirstBastion > BreakingWaves
    The .daz for the DS version is in Daz Studio Format > Library > Environments > First_Bastion > BreakingWaves

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I am able to find the product. What I am saying is there are only two shaders and a light. There is no obj / static prop to apply them to.

edited April 2014

The waves themselves should be in the actual BreakingWaves folder, not a subfolder. If they're not there, try completely removing and redownloading.

breakingwaves.jpg
    594 x 1080 - 236K
    edited December 1969

This is what I have. :)

breakingwaves.jpg
    1200 x 677 - 71K
    edited April 2014

Well, that's weird. That is what I get from the Products click, which has always had the entire thing. Going the Environments route, I get something different, and it does not have the shaders, etc. Strange.

EDIT: Yes, it does, never mind :) I scrolled over and expanded the menu.
    Thanks for the help.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2014

Np. Sorry I guess I should've elaborated to use the content library. I never use smart content so I didn't think of it. :red:

edited December 1969

No, you were right- and I WAS using Content Library (Products.) I wasn't clear. Anyway I'll mark as solved, but folks may want to be aware that if you use Products in Content Library, you are not getting the full product. I have never had that happen before. Makes me wonder though if I am missing some files from other products and I don't know it.

edited May 2014

Products view requires CMS to be on (the daz studio format/poser format parts don't), which means it most likely works off of the metadata. Chances are the waves themselves aren't flagged properly if at all.

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

I had the same problem here.

and I had troubles over and over again with orders earlier , because , f.e. , either it was not mentioned the product was not compatible with a certain DAZ version or the product not being compatible became a known issue.

Concerning Breaking Waves; I also could not find any .obj to load or .duf / .daz , neither in the Smart Content , no where....I also just saw these 3 files
    Why doesn't the vendor notify us where , what and how something works?

I am getting so pissed of , at every order I pay and download there is always at least ONE product not working or with missing files or I have to search more info at the forum and wrestle my way through folders to find what I think is missing......

Sincerely

Mr NOT amused.....

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,925
    edited December 1969

The readme tells you most of the time where the files are located for a product. If using DIM then clircle on the ! and in the product library then look up the sku in the documentation center. Also, if in DIM you can right click on teh file and select "Show Installed Files"

edited December 1969

No go.
    Page not found on file list, or at top in old wiki.
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14576/start

edited December 1969

Here's the right click in DIM, showing Environment as location.

breakingwavesFiles.png
    1398 x 1310 - 2M