ERC MADE EASY!

wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

After we started talking about ERC in a recent thread, Conrad3DC mentioned he was using ERC to attach several facial morphs together, so when a character smiles their eyes squint a little, or when they raise an eyebrow the forehead wrinkles.... So I asked him if he could maybe write up a tutorial or something.

Amazingly, he did SO MUCH MORE.... he finished a fantastic article, AND animated illustrations, AND scene files!
http://carraracafe.com/articles/erc-made-easy-enhancing-facial-realism/

Take a look! the possibilities are endless! My small experience with ERC was that it *seems* so intimidating, but I followed Faba's ERC Chain tutorial and was blown away by how it looked when animated.... Definitely easier to "do" than to explain... A little set up time, then it's sort of like physics where you get to play around to find a sweet spot and see what it can do.

Conrad3DC's tutorial is about some practical uses for ERC "puppeting", and he's promised MORE soon! Take a look! Totally makes me want to rethink my Mimic setup.... And a hundred other projects...!

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Oh wow! Just what the doctor ordered for my ERC headache. Thank you Conrad#DC and Holly.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Excellentarticle, Conrad3DC!