Genesis Generation X2 questions

Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
edited May 2014 in The Commons

Can I transfer my own character morphs to V4 from Genesis or Genesis 2? or would I have to make the character on V4 and transfer upwards?

Plus any Character morphs it helps make can I sell (if I made them from the base)?

Post edited by Tye1980 on

Comments

• thd777thd777 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Tye1980 said:
    Can I transfer my own character morphs to V4 from Genesis or Genesis 2? or would I have to make the character on V4 and transfer upwards?

Plus any Character morphs it helps make can I sell (if I made them from the base)?

1. GenX2 transfers only to Genesis or G2F/G2M. So you would have to make the morph on V4 and then transfer to G/G2
    2. If you made the source morph yourself using a modeling program, you can sell the transferred version.

TD

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited December 1969

I have just purchased and installed the plug-in to extend GenX2 to 3rd generation characters. I have a V3 character loaded into my scene, but when I try to select V3 as the Source, it does not appear in the dropdown. I also tried to load V3 with the Load Figure button, and it says "Finished", nothing appears in the morphs list. Alternatively, I tried to save the character's shape to load with the Apply Pose button, but no luck. How do I get GenX2 to recognize V3 as the source, or to even confirm that it is "aware" of the product extension?

Thank you.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,041
    edited December 1969

Well, I got the morphs to load in the list, but it's telling me that the transfer is "finished" without prompting me to name it. Any idea what I'm still doing wrong?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited May 2014

...do you have the legacy Gen3 add on for the original GenX?

Post edited by kyoto kid on