Olympia Fantasy Classic Poses- How To Use The Prop *Solved-You Have To Make It*

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
edited May 2014 in The Commons

Can someone test this product? It's got the cylinder/pole for each pose, and I've tried clicking the figure and then the prop (pole) and it just distorts everything into a ultra thin gobblygook floating thingie, so I tried selecting the hand the prop would be in, and the same thing happens. So need to know how it's supposed to work, and if it works for you. Each pose has the additional prop, and yes, I am doing prop 6 with pose 6, etc.

Thanks!

http://www.daz3d.com/olympia-fantasy-classic-poses

Post edited by Novica on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

I am going to guess that you parent the prop to the required hand first.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited May 2014

I can't load the prop at all- if I don't have anything selected, it's an error file because you have to have something selected.
    So I tried it with the Genesis 2 figure selected, the figure disappears and there's a skin colored long, weird blob.
    Then I tried it with the Genesis 2 hand selected that the thumbnail shows it would be parented to- same thing.

So loading the prop then parenting won't work, the error message says, "No way."
    Appreciate the help though! :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

I dont know then. I dont have the set so it may be worth contacting the PA who made it or filing a bug report.

edited May 2014

Welcome to my "Huh?" This is what happens for having the Genesis 2 figure selected, and having the hand selected. Trying to load without anything selected is a flat no-go, error message.

EDIT: The first image is with Genesis 2 selected, the second is with her hand selected. Notice the results are identical.

And thanks for trying to help. I'd be interested to see if anyone else who does have the set could test it to see if I am just messing up somehow. (But not ever had a problem posing people and weapons. But there's always a first time.)

caneWrong2.jpg
    1524 x 1076 - 89K
    canewrong.jpg
    1499 x 695 - 112K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing that the files for the prop for each pose are poses to apply to the prop, which you load separately.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Have you tried loading the prop/pole in an empty scene? Just trying to eliminate possible causes....

I don't have the set, but it seems like you would load both the prop and G2F/Olympia then pose each---which sounds like what you are trying to do. So, maybe load only the prop and if that works, see if it can be posed......

• lcfarlcfar Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I don't think there is a prop with this product. It's just poses. I tried creating a staff using a primitive. The Olympia pose worked just fine, but when I posed the staff, it was in the right location, just super skinny. I had use the scale parameters to make it big enough to see.

OlympiaFantasyPose.JPG
    558 x 911 - 49K
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    Have you tried loading the prop/pole in an empty scene? Just trying to eliminate possible causes....

I don't have the set, but it seems like you would load both the prop and G2F/Olympia then pose each---which sounds like what you are trying to do. So, maybe load only the prop and if that works, see if it can be posed......

Yeah, that's when I get the error message "an error occurred while reading the file, see error log."
    Okay, where is the error log found?

And I'm coming to the same conclusion- I think a prop has to be made, then the staff pose applied. (The thumbnails shows the person in the pose, then a staff thumbnail comes next with the same number. Aka, pose 06, then staff 06.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Salem2007 said:

Yeah, that's when I get the error message "an error occurred while reading the file, see error log."
    Okay, where is the error log found?

And I'm coming to the same conclusion- I think a prop has to be made, then the staff pose applied. (The thumbnails shows the person in the pose, then a staff thumbnail comes next with the same number. Aka, pose 06, then staff 06.

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

edited December 1969

WARNING: QColor::setHsv: HSV parameters out of range

is the error message. Well, that could be Greek, Latin, Aboriginal, Swahili..and it would be about as meaningful :)

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

There are Prop poses, but no Prop? I see why this is so confusing!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    WARNING: QColor::setHsv: HSV parameters out of range

is the error message. Well, that could be Greek, Latin, Aboriginal, Swahili..and it would be about as meaningful :)

Select everything in the log, delete it, and save. Then try applying the pose and see what's in the log.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

The Pole is a POSE only for a Primitive Cylinder you create yourself. Doing the select of figure and then applying the POSE is effectily turning your figure, or trying to, into the pole in the pose.

Edit to add: the Pose has size and such saved so the primitive you create will be changed by the pose file to the proper size for you.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the clarification.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Thanks for the clarification.
    This has not been tested by me. But from your Screen shots I believe this to be correct. Your selected figure tried very hard to turn into the pole.