Need Morphing Help

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I finally got Daz 4.6 to work on my computer and was playing around with the Emotguy today. After searching and trying to install morphs for it, I came across Axe Swipe Blood Drop morph, but it's not a morph yet. What he did was save it as an obj and I am suppose to take it into Daz and make it a morph. I searched YouTube and here for any information on how to do this, but all the information seems to only be related to Gen4, G1 and G2 or clothes, nothing else. I get Emotiguy loaded and then open MMP through the Edit/Figure but then am lost. The one attempt I did make, the morph showed up but, all it did was change the size of Emotiguy, not the shape that was suppose to be the morph.

I am not sure I am going under the right area of Edit or should be doing something else to get this morph working right. I cleared the morph so I could start fresh, but can't do that without some help on how to do it (pictures would be nice cause I'm a Daz Dummie...lol).

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Was the obj file created using the emotiguy mesh? If it is, it's redistribution of the mesh which is against the EULA. It's best to stay away from any files claiming to be morphs but are really obj files.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Was the obj file created using the emotiguy mesh? If it is, it's redistribution of the mesh which is against the EULA. It's best to stay away from any files claiming to be morphs but are really obj files.

Plus this sort of morph target will only work in Poser.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Stripped OBJs - just the v lines - were an acceptable way of distributing morphs for the older figures, though they aren't for more recent content which has ways of sharing just the morph deltas. If the morph is scaling the figure up that usually means you have the wrong preset in the importer, and so are applying the wrong scale-factor - if you get the scale factor right it should work.

edited December 1969

If the obj isn't an issue then couldn't the OP use morph loader pro?

edited December 1969

It sounds as if the morph loaded, it was just the scale that was off.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
    edited December 1969

The morph didn't load. It shows up as a morph in parameters but that's about all. Once I followed the instructions, and used the dials to morph Emotiguy, it only distorted the original mesh around the eyes and mouth making them very large.

These are Axe Swipes morphs and there were threads I think at the old site, so I know these are safe to use. The morph is the blood drop and Didda made textures, expressions and poses for them and they use to be available through the forum, now through her site.

I know I am doing something wrong, but not sure what. According to Axe's readme, I am suppose to load the Emotiguy, select the head and then open MMP, and then save the morph as a preset. In fact that is pretty much what all the tutorials I found have said, not one of them tells me what is suppose to be done inbetween opening MMP and saving the preset. Also does not explain which one under Edit I am suppose to be using. The images below should explain what I mean. The one showing the two options under the Edit tab is suppose to be first.

Daz_Help_2.jpg
    694 x 625 - 77K
    Daz_Help_1.jpg
    939 x 703 - 132K
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure but I think there was a thread somewhere where there were problems with non Triax figures to create morph (will try to find it later)

You may need to use a DS 4.5 or DS3 for non triax (I suppose the emotiguy is)

Other than that, load the emotiguy and the obj side by side to see if you have the correct preset

edited December 1969

To use this morph in Poser you need to select the head of the emotiguy. Just the head. Then use the load morph target to load the morph. A dial appears in the parameters tab. If you dial to one, you get the drop shape in the head of the figure.

There are no other morphs and no textures included with this. It is just the shape of the head.

I then tried in DS using morph loader pro. I can get the morph loaded and get a slider but the head isn't changing shape as it does in Poser.

I haven't really used morph loader pro so I may be missing something. Maybe someone who is more familiar with using morph loader pro can help with it.

edited December 1969

Try using Morph Loader Advanced instead of Morph Loader pro - either command, they are repeated for convenience but they launch the same process.

edited May 2014

I think I found the problem. The morph was created in Poser. In the preset for Morph Loader advanced, change the preset from custom (I unit equals 1 cm) which it defaults to or if you are using DS (1 unit equals 1 cm) to Poser (1 unit equals 8 feet). Once I changed the present in Morph Loader advanced and load the morph, the head changed shape as it does in Poser.

Use Morph Loader Advanced rather than pro because it has less buttons and you don't need them. Locate the path to the obj file and just change the preset to Poser from custom or DS. Then click ok. The slider should appear and when you move it, the head should change shape.

Hope this fixes the problem for you.

Post edited by icprncss on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,549
    edited December 1969

Will give that a try when I get back home, thanks for the help so far everyone.