Question about texture templates and where they are?

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I purchased the Newport outfit ( using this particular one as an example) and on the product page under what's included and features it states that texture templates are available through the product library but I cannot find them there either. Can someone tell me where I should be looking for them? I have seen other products with the resource files available right oon the product page.

thank you

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Older products will still have the templates available under the resources tab on the store page. Newer products have them available in the Product Library. If you need these templates and they are not there, then the best thing to do is file a support ticket.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited May 2014

So I am checking newer products in my product library and I don't find texture templates for any of them so far, where exactly am I supposed to be looking? The only one I did find templates for was a bluebird3d product and the templates were included in the zip file.

Edit: I have found a few more that have a download for the templates but lots of them don't, and they don't have templates on the store page either...is this a normal practice that you have to file a support ticket to aquire the missing ones, or is it just an oversight and they will be added to products that are missing them eventually?

Post edited by Kharma on
    edited May 2014

I just grabbed one screen shot, but I have umpteen

and there was one I did earlier

templates_2.jpg
    756 x 690 - 202K
    templates_here.jpg
    789 x 223 - 93K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

One that I just checked was Ashe for genesis, it has no templates to download in the product library and none on the store page. If these are being added to products that are missing them as time permits I don't want to file a bunch of support tickets requesting them. I don't need them immediately, I just noticed them missing from products as I was looking for one and couldn't find it anywhere, so wanted to be clear on where I was supposed to find them, and if they were being added. If and when I come across one that I just have to have, I will file a ticket :)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

if there are no templates, you can make them with the free version of UV mapper

edited December 1969

thank you for that info..maybe I will try that if necessary :)

edited December 1969

Kharma said:

its fairly easy, usually what i do is find the texture images for the figure i want to make a UV map for, then set the resolution in UV mapper to the same size. Some times you run into UVs that have several things stacked up on top of each other, there is a bit of a trick to making UV maps for those, but its not too hard, if you run into one of those let me know and i can walk you through the process.

edited December 1969

or use UV viewer, where you can turn layers on and off at will.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

you can do that in UV mapper, well, you can turn them on and off by material, but its knowing the short cut keys that let you do it

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

It also depends on the product. Tileable textures don't have a template because most of the mesh is placed off of the UV space. But i think that mostly applies to architectural products. You probably won't have that problem.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:

its fairly easy, usually what i do is find the texture images for the figure i want to make a UV map for, then set the resolution in UV mapper to the same size. Some times you run into UVs that have several things stacked up on top of each other, there is a bit of a trick to making UV maps for those, but its not too hard, if you run into one of those let me know and i can walk you through the process.

I would love to know the process as I have an item that I would like to do this for
    also in your other post where you mentioned knowing the control key sequence for viewing separate layers, could you please tell me what that control key sequence is, too

edited December 1969

chohole said:

did a quick google search on 'uv viewer', not sure I found what you are referring to, could you provide more information about this product?

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    chohole said:

did a quick google search on 'uv viewer', not sure I found what you are referring to, could you provide more information about this product?

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=other&product=uv_viewer

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I use UV Mapper Classic, which is a freebie. It can be found here  --> http://www.uvmapper.com/downloads.html

The Pro version on that page is available for download as a trial, but the Classic is pretty good for most things.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Zawarkal said:
    chohole said:

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=other&product=uv_viewer

ThankYou!