Thumbnails for content

satinsatin Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

Could someone please tell me how to stop the words appearing on the thumbnail when saving a pose to the library.

I found how to stop the word "New" appearing but do not know how to remove the word "Pose" off the thumbnail.

Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I think this feature was introduced in Daz Studio 4.5 or 4.6. I haven't found a way to turn off the wording either. I think this feature is permanent, but I may be wrong.

daz_studio_5.jpg
    474 x 500 - 83K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited May 2014

They are part of the metadata and are there to help you to see what each thing does. ie wardrobe, material, pose

You would have to remove metadata to remove the words. Not a good idea if you use Smart Content.

Post edited by Wilmap on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Now that's annoying. Nothing like treating users like they aren't bright enough to figure things out for themselves.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Whilst I find it a good thing for people to learn Daz Studio I do think we should request a feature to turn it off for us that do know. ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

The overlays are in a Folder in the DAZ Studio program area so Programs Files/DAZ 3D/ ect... if you do not want them just remove them. Ta da.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Well Jade, that's certainly easier than what I was going to suggest, which was to pull the thumbs into PSP/PS/Gimp/whatever, and remove it and resave.

However, if it's just an overlay, your suggestion to remove the overlay files should do it. Since I don't use Smart Content, I never realized they were even there.

I learn something new every day. :coolsmile:

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The overlays are in a Folder in the DAZ Studio program area so Programs Files/DAZ 3D/ ect... if you do not want them just remove them. Ta da.
    see told you. :) LOL Thanks Jaderail for that nugget
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited May 2014

icprncss said:
    Now that's annoying. Nothing like treating users like they aren't bright enough to figure things out for themselves.

Actually, I think it was done as part of the initially confusing new file formats and content systems — there are no scene files and script files any more, everything (in a new product, anyway) is a .duf file. And the Smart Content/Products/Categories views have a bad habit of jumbling everything into one bunch of thumbnails with nothing much to distinguish between e.g. clothes objects and the reset-to-default materials for those clothes. There have been lots of posts since D|S4.0 came out from people, especially newcomers, who just couldn't tell the difference because the new D|S default layout didn't show a difference. Things are a bit better now that the whole system's had a bit of time (and several versions) to mature, but the biggest problem IMHO is still that it depends on the CMS always working, which it doesn't, and the metadata being 100% right... which it isn't always, at least to begin with.
    Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited May 2014

The Preset type used at save and or in the Metadata determines which overlay will be placed on a icon. The Overlays are now default in DS4.5+. I personally find them useful and I'm not a New User. The fact I can change the Overlays to ones I created myself, I'm big on customizing things, I saw as a bonus.

EDIT: And Spotted is correct, the CMS is the feature that handles the Overlays. Bad metadata could cause a wrong overlay to be used or none at all.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

>> SNIP <<</strong> And the Smart Content/Products/Categories views have a bad habit of jumbling everything into one bunch of thumbnails with nothing much to distinguish between e.g. clothes objects and the reset-to-default materials for those clothes. There have been lots of posts since D|S4.0 came out from people, especially newcomers, who just couldn't tell the difference because the new D|S default layout didn't show a difference..
    I do believe this statement is a bit off. As shown below in my Screen capture Smart content has always offered a list of item file choices when a item was selected in the Scene. And from DS4.5 on the overlay has been on each icon if the file is of those that have a type that supports the overlays.
    Before Smart content say in DAZ Studio 3 and below the user did not even have this much info to work with. You had to know the difference of the files on your own. For example Texture files in the Poser Runtime POSE folder. What person New to 3D would have ever thought to look in Poses for a texture?
    Capture-001.png
    367 x 320 - 56K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ah, OK, that is better than the way it worked the last time I followed one of those looking-for-help threads.