DIM - how to configure after a reinstall on a new computer

afreiburghausafreiburghaus Posts: 11
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everybody,

Big problem for me. I build a new computer (Win 8.1), transfered all my data on a new HD labelled like the old one in the old PC, installed DS 4.6, configured all the paths. Everything works without any problem, all my content is here, all created scenes can be opened.

Now I install DIM and I Just wonder which files I have to copy from the old installation to have my configuration like on the old PC. I copy/paste all the files found in the folder \\PC\c\Users\XXX\AppData\RoamingDAZ\InstallManager into my new install. After this operation, I have the right layout, the right "ready to dowload" files, but no "installed" files. All my files are now listed under "Ready to install". What am I doing wrong or better which files do I have to copy from my old installation in the configuration of my new installation to have my already installed files recognized?

Thanks for your help

PS: DS and DIM last fresh versions downloaded today

Goutch

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

You also need this folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager. You need the manifest files for DIM to know where packs are installed

• afreiburghausafreiburghaus Posts: 11
    edited May 2014

Many thanks Frank, it worked!

But I also had to reinstall CMS, why the whole reinstall obviously corrupted my database.

Once again thank you for your help

Best wishes from Switzerland

Post edited by afreiburghaus on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

goutch said:
    Many thanks Frank, it worked!

But I also had to reinstall CMS, why the whole reinstall obviously corrupted my database.

Once again thank you for your help

Best wishes from Switzerland

The location of the Files changed, as in to a different Path. So yes the Old DB would be corrupted in the view of DAZ Studio. All that is needed is to delete the old CMS Database folder and in DAZ Studio do A reimport of all metadata. That will create a new Database with the correct paths.

EDIT: Turn the CMS off to do the Delete, and then back on before you open DAZ Studio for the Import of the Metadata.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • afreiburghausafreiburghaus Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

@Jaderail

Thank you for the explanations about the cause of the problem.

Everything works now!