My Ghostly Lucille - what's wrong?

TallulahdahlingTallulahdahling Posts: 387
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm trying to make a render for the Inspirations contest this week using the Lucille texture. I know the texture is okay because I've made other renders with Lucille, but this time the poor girl is flat, white and glowing with no features at all!

All the other textures in the scene are rendering beautifully, including the ones on the two other human characters.

I've checked to see that the specular and the ambient setting on the texture aren't set too high. I've checked the lights, although I'm still not familiar enough with some of the more complex light sets I've got to know what to do. Anyhow, the lights I'm using look exactly as I want them on the other characters and objects in the scene. There's something going funky with Lucille in this scene, but I don't know what.

I've also tried several other light sets. All have the same result.

I'm working in D/S 4.6.

Any ideas?

TestRender_LucielleTexture_WhatsWrong.jpg
292 x 377 - 112K

Comments

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Did you apply any SSS shadings to her?

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

I think you discovered a bug in the Daz Studio/3Delight render engine. For some odd reason the shader doesn't render properly. Have you tried closing Daz Studio 4 and then opening it again? If that does't work, then you may need to apply the texture to the figure again. Failing that, save the pose and morph preset, delete the character and load her again.

The worst case scenario is that you might need to redo the whole scene again. :(

Hope this helps. Maybe someone else has a better idea what could be causing it.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The AoA SSS Shader failed. Be sure that you have the DAZ Studio Lights and Shaders content pack installed.
    If you do have it installed you may be seeing the Known TDLmake error. The suggested fix for that is to Open the Surfaces Tab, use it's mini menu and in Options you set Automatically Refresh Images to Off. The only other TDLmake error fix is to use the DAZ Studio 4.6.3.29 Beta version which has the fix built in.