Why?

TaozTaoz Posts: 9,877
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Not long ago I saw some great textures for a great looking dress for K4 at Rendo. It was so beautiful so I thought I must have that, so I looked in the DAZ store where the original dress was supposed to be. I could not find it though so I asked the artist who said that DAZ had bought it but never (re)released it.

I wonder why they'd do such a thing? They can only lose money on that strategy, so it doesn't make any sense.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

What was the dress? Are you sure it's a case of it being removed from the store or simply being unable to find it?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,877
    edited December 1969

The name of the dress is: Autumn Sunshine Fairy K4

Textures are here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/harmonys-moon/82533/

Can't find anything when searching the store, and, like I mentioned, the artist says DAZ never (re)released it after buying it.

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

What I don't understand is why the textures for a product that hasn't ever been released were permitted to sell at Renderosity? Who's going to be happy with that purchase?

edited May 2014

Well it was originally in the artist's store here at DAZ, but then DAZ purchased it from her (and never (re)released it).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

Oh I see. Gotcha. Does seem strange. It's not as though electronic items take up a lot of space in the warehouse.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Seems this discussion has taken place before. Even the mighty Google drew a blank trying to find somewhere it could be purchased. That's a real shame because it looks like a very nice outfit and I happen to be a bit of a collector of K4 content, due to it's scarcity.

The only thing we can really do is ask Daz to re-release it. Chances are that they probably have a reason for not doing so already though.

edited May 2014

ssgbryan said:
    Taozen said:
    Well it was originally in the artist's store here at DAZ, but then DAZ purchased it from her (and never (re)released it).

They may be waiting for a sale - I bought a product during March Madness a few years back that had been zipped up & ready for sale 6 months prior to the release of the product.

Well it seems to be at least 18 months ago that they bought it and it hasn't shown up yet. Do they release stuff for K4 at all now? Do they at all accept it for sale in their store if someone makes some?

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited May 2014

Seems this discussion has taken place before. Even the mighty Google drew a blank trying to find somewhere it could be purchased. That's a real shame because it looks like a very nice outfit and I happen to be a bit of a collector of K4 content, due to it's scarcity.

The only thing we can really do is ask Daz to re-release it. Chances are that they probably have a reason for not doing so already though.

Hm, not very promising. If they have decided not to release it at all, one can only speculate why.

Think I'm going to ask them - if they refuse to release it we can always threaten them with not buying anything else until they do... :)

Post edited by Taoz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

Hm, not very promising. If they have decided not to release it at all, one can only speculate why.

Think I'm going to ask them - if they refuse to release it we can always threaten them with not buying anything else until they do... :)

Asking/reminding Daz may be the only solution ...

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Well... It's live now.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Well... It's live now.

I did a search and couldn't find it still

edited December 1969
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

That is a lovely outfit - and I have a character who could wear it, too.

(takes $12.95 off the most recent GC, gets the outfit)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969
    edited May 2014

RAMWolff said:

Great but it's not categorized properly!

http://www.daz3d.com/uniforms-costumes?compat_figures=24

In fact a regular search still doesn't bring it up!

http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Autumn+Sunshine+Fairy&x=0&y=0

Did you try clubwear and dresses. It is a dress is it not?

**Edit** I honestly don't know why it isn't showing up in search, but I don't/wont' have time to deal with it. I consider it a win that I was able to track it down and get it in the store.

Post edited by DZ_jared on
    edited December 1969

OK but just thought I'd bring it to your attention. I wasn't being bitchy but just being helpful. More sales happen when things are where they should be in the search engine is all Jared! :-)

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Well... It's live now.

Cool, thanks! :)

edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:

BTW, someone mentioned there was a V4 version also, is that going to be released too?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    OK but just thought I'd bring it to your attention. I wasn't being bitchy but just being helpful. More sales happen when things are where they should be in the search engine is all Jared! :-)

Sorry, long day getting ready for the Giselle launch yesterday. I did add it to the uniforms and costumes category as well, as I can see how it would if in that category. Still no idea why it isn't showing up in search. I'll have to bug Jon when he gets in.

edited December 1969

Hopefully it's resolved and DAZ3D and PropsChick can make a little more cash on this cute outfit! :-)