GenX Support for K4?

Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I am looking at the Gen 3 Kids Support for Gen X2... Was K4 support ever added? I don't remember seeing it go by.

Unfortunately the store interface makes it almost impossible to search for GenX add ons. Searching "Genesis Generation" gets almost every Genesis product. And the Dimension 3D store seems to be missing products.

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    So I am looking at the Gen 3 Kids Support for Gen X2... Was K4 support ever added? I don't remember seeing it go by.

Unfortunately the store interface makes it almost impossible to search for GenX add ons. Searching "Genesis Generation" gets almost every Genesis product. And the Dimension 3D store seems to be missing products.

No. DAZ released the shapes for V4 and M4 but never released the shapes for K4. Which has always been a source of annoyance as Gen 4 really only had 3 mesh shapes to begin with: V4, M4, and K4. I would think DAZ would release the K4 shape. They would not only make money on the sale of shape product but they would make more money on sales of GenX and add ons as DAZ gets a percentage of the sales. Even if they don't want to do any more kids, I would think most of the heavy lifting has already been done for K4.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Legionair said:

No. DAZ released the shapes for V4 and M4 but never released the shapes for K4. Which has always been a source of annoyance as Gen 4 really only had 3 mesh shapes to begin with: V4, M4, and K4. I would think DAZ would release the K4 shape. They would not only make money on the sale of shape product but they would make more money on sales of GenX and add ons as DAZ gets a percentage of the sales. Even if they don't want to do any more kids, I would think most of the heavy lifting has already been done for K4.

Thanks!

I thought that was the case, but (like you mentioned) it didn't seen to make much sense. So I wasn't trusting my memory.

I will just continue to use the K4 shape then.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I've used the autofit clone but some morphs don't look the same using the autofit clone.