Finding a Ox picture to make...

thegnuoxthegnuox Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ok so hello, I am the new newbie here. Like really new as in the first day. I did do the tutorial and made the barefoot woman and got the daggars. At some point, I would like to make a 2D and then a 3D image of an Ox. I don't see a Ox in the animal selections and so how would I go about finding a Ox, (not a cow) to work on and use. Thank you.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Older models, but the current price cannot be beaten http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree2.htm

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited May 2014
  • thegnuoxthegnuox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the information. I have downloaded a zipped file called Xa2JRuntimeLynesBovines. Can you tell me what directory I should put this in under my DAZ3D program so that I will be able to use them? Thank you.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

thegnuox said:
    Thank you very much for the information. I have downloaded a zipped file called Xa2JRuntimeLynesBovines. Can you tell me what directory I should put this in under my DAZ3D program so that I will be able to use them? Thank you.

Inside that zip file is a folder named "Runtime" -- you need to MERGE that folder with the Runtime folder in your content folder. There is no metadata, so it won't appear in the Smart Content pane, but it will be in Content Library > Poser Formats > [content folder name] > Figures

edited December 1969

thegnuox said:

Inside that zip file is a folder named "Runtime" -- you need to MERGE that folder with the Runtime folder in your content folder. There is no metadata, so it won't appear in the Smart Content pane, but it will be in Content Library > Poser Formats > [content folder name] > Figures

Can you give me the exact pathname? Because i do not see a runtime folder or a content folder in the directory. Here is my directory listing:

C:Program files/DAZ 3D/

Then after that i have 3 folders or directories. They are

Content Management Service
    DAZStudio4
    PostgreSQL CMS

Which subdirectory is it and what would be the correct pathname? Sorry if i am a newbie at this but i do want to get this working. Thank you.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Your product library isn't in Program Files. Look in the Public Documents folder -- you should see it there. Inside that will be the Runtime folder.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

That's where the application is -- the default content locations are:
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library (this is where DAZ Install Manager installs by default)
    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

edited December 1969

Ok so I went to the default directory and merged each folder of my downloaded file to the corresponding sub directory name. I think it should work now. Thank you very much!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited May 2014

chohole said:
    Older models, but the current price cannot be beaten http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree2.htm

Lovley, but the downloaded package only contains the geometry for the calf morph. Is the package designed to be used with the old DAZ bull and cow?

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    chohole said:

Lovley, but the downloaded package only contains the geometry for the calf morph. Is the package designed to be used with the old DAZ bull and cow?

To be honest I don't know. I have never downloaded this set. Maybe you will need to ask Lyne

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just Read the ReadMe for this set. It appears that much of the content simply was not included in the Zip file. It states the content is included. But as noted only the Calf obj is in the package.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

The calf obj is there but IIRC it requires the DAZ Cow.

edited May 2014

I was simply going by the ReadMe in the Zip. No mention of anything needed. But as this is older stuff that was covered before Possibly Then and not now in another post I did not see on the site. All I meant was it reads as if the content was included.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

From the readme

These files are the same original legal files that I sold over the years at Vista Internet Products. Zip contains the required OBJs, morphed cr2 characters , poses and textures. Debra generously allowed me to purchase the COMPLETE ownership rights for her models (many of which also include the basic MIMIC speech morphs!) that she made and sold through my store, because I had done SO much work adding morphs and maps for them. Because of this, I am at liberty to offer all the models I collaborated with her on, for free now! :)

No mention of DAZ or Zygote cows

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    From the readme

These files are the same original legal files that I sold over the years at Vista Internet Products. Zip contains the required OBJs, morphed cr2 characters , poses and textures. Debra generously allowed me to purchase the COMPLETE ownership rights for her models (many of which also include the basic MIMIC speech morphs!) that she made and sold through my store, because I had done SO much work adding morphs and maps for them. Because of this, I am at liberty to offer all the models I collaborated with her on, for free now! :)

No mention of DAZ or Zygote cowsI did not think I was dreaming.... TY.

edited May 2014

Jaderail said:
    chohole said:
    From the readme

No mention of DAZ or Zygote cows

I did not think I was dreaming.... TY.

No this one is a mystery. All Lyne's animals that need one of the animals from the DAZ 3D catalogue have included a UVS file to unlock them against the original OBJ. This set does state that it is stand alone on the web site. I am not certain how one gets in touch. no contact button.

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,642
    edited May 2014

chohole said:

No this one is a mystery. All Lyne's animals that need one of the animals from the DAZ 3D catalogue have included a UVS file to unlock them against the original OBJ. This set does state that it is stand alone on the web site. I am not certain how one gets in touch. no contact button.

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree.htm

I'm not sure what the deal is. I don't know whether the Poser content file is self contained or if they all use the calf geometry. But I recently downloaded and installed this set along with a number of her other free animals. In DAZ Studio when I click on any of the icons under Poser format >My library > figures > lynesbovines, the proper animal is loaded without any problems (except the usual exceeds limits warning) The are even oxen that can be loaded.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,281
    edited December 1969

So they all use the calf geometry, and the rest are all just morphs?

edited May 2014

I never installed it so have no clue. I only looked at the files. When I have a few free moments I'll drop it into my Free Content folder and give it a run.

Installed Tested, Works fully. Never saw a CR2 built like a prop with the OBJ embedded before.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

ah interesssting, Glad it works though Thanks Jade for testing that.