Collab w/CLO Virtual Fashion Avatar Export Preset

I have a suggestion that think a lot of users f CLO, Marvelous Designer and Daz Studio would love. It seems a lot of users here like to create custom avatars in Daz Studio complete with hair and shoes, for use in CLO. But this seems to also cause quite the headache with export settings, best 3D formats to use and also trying to include poses and animations. Some avatar files end up being quite large sizes and slow down working in CLO. 

I suggest a collaboration between CLO Virtual Fashion and Daz Studio to have an export type/preset ideal for CLO/MD, both for avatar, hair shoes/accessories. To have these two programs work more friendly with each other would be a God send for my workflow.

I don't have the most powerful GPU myself but I have absolutely no issues using Daz Studio or CLO when I stick with the avatars that come with the program. It's only when i mix the two that I have issues with slowness and crashing no matter which export settings use for Daz Avatars (certain characters are more problematic than others). I prefer to bring my full finalized character in CLO for final render because I feel the rendering of cloth is far superior within CLO. Plus it is an advantage to not have to go from Daz to CLO and back again to Daz or another 3D program for final render.

Please take this feature/collab into consideration.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

You are the first user that I have seen mention CLO, so not sure why you think there are a lot of users using it. There are a few users that are using Marvelous Designer though, but mostly to create clothing for use in Daz Studio.

Pretty sure there are many users wanting better transition plugins for whatever other 3d app they are using, myself included. The DS SDK is there for anyone that wants to develop a plugin for any app they want, so time will tell i guess.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

I cannot afford it but I do have your answer if the avatars can FBX export

import into Poser11Pro

save as a cr2

load into DAZ studio select rigging convert to weightmapping blended

save as a support asset figure

you now have a figure you can pose in DAZ studio by rotations (set limits on every bone for translate and pose control)

• That would be a dream as I do see more and more 3D artists starting exploring 3D fashion