Spline to mesh

tomahalktomahalk Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi!

Am I able to change a spline/vertex model to a mesh model? How? I want to import to Second Life

Thanks!

Tom

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

tomahalk said:
    Hi!

Am I able to change a spline/vertex model to a mesh model? How? I want to import to Second Life

Thanks!

Tom

Have you tried
    Menu "Edit" Item "Convert to other modeler" then choosing "vertex modeler" as the target modeler?
  • tomahalktomahalk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much!

Maybe, you know the answer to this. In uploading to Second Life, it says"missing the required level of detail; Does this me add vertices? Probably, right?

Thanks!!!!!

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tomahalk said:
    Thanks so much!

Maybe, you know the answer to this. In uploading to Second Life, it says"missing the required level of detail; Does this me add vertices? Probably, right?

Thanks!!!!!

That's kind of a cryptic message, it might also refer to the textures....?
    Better ask on a Second Life forum...
  • tomahalktomahalk Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay Thanks again.

Funny how computers always give us these unintelligible answers. Who do they think is the reader of these? :)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

tomahalk said:
    Okay Thanks again.

Funny how computers always give us these unintelligible answers. Who do they think is the reader of these? :)

Blame the programmers, not the computers. The programmers write the error messages and assume everybody else understands the syntax.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

The other thing to consider when converting a spline object to a vertex object is that the conversion generates a mesh full of triangles instead of quads. This may be a problem with some programs. You may need to go into the vertex modeler and clean them up. Check the forums for the game you're looking to make a model for.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2014

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Troubleshooting

looks like there is an error log which will guide you on your way....

I'd say it's probably a case of negative scale detected, unsupported transform. domInstance_geometry:

so if you fix that you cant go wrong....

do they still 'play' second life? I have enough trouble with my first life....

Post edited by Headwax on