Amazing TreeSketch Tool

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

If you have an iPad, you have to check this out - TreeSketch 3.0:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/treesketch/id421230117?mt=8

It is an interactive tool that lets you draw shapes on screen and trees magically grow to match your shapes. You can then add branches, bend branches and control trunk widths, all with on-screen gestures. There are a huge number of parameters, it is easy to get into and yet offers lots of scope for anything from realistic trees to fantasy vegetation - and it is FREE! The trees can be exported as 2D with alpha, or as OBJ 3D objects which can be imported into Carrara (or most other 3D programs) via Dropbox. Within minutes I had drawn and exported a couple of example trees (see image). Poly counts are reasonable and the textures are also exported and can be easily adjusted in Carrara to give good results.

So if you want a change from Carrara's (admittedly good!) trees, give this a try, you won't be disappointed!

TreeSketch1.jpg
640 x 480 - 47K

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I love it. And free!

Exports to Carrara great!

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Wow....it would sure be nice if I had an ipad........or if Daz would make it THAT easy & versatile to make trees...yet another thing on my wish list for version C9 ??????, 10 ??????, 23 ???????, before I die of old age! %-P

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited June 2014

McGuiver said:
    Wow....it would sure be nice if I had an ipad........or if Daz would make it THAT easy & versatile to make trees...yet another thing on my wish list for version C9 ??????, 10 ??????, 23 ???????, before I die of old age! %-P

Here ya go!

I had these extra I(pad) in my basement storage. (that's the original IchyPad)

itchy_sketch.jpg
    640 x 480 - 15K
    Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

they never made an android version, I even asked on their vimeo channel

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

McGuiver said:

Here ya go!

I had these extra I(pad) in my basement storage. (that's the original IchyPad)

But......I couldn't convert it to an obj.....just an omg! :)

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Thanks for sharing - this GREAT!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2014

great find Phil, thanks for sharing :)

oh here some destructions too http://algorithmicbotany.org/TreeSketch/

Post edited by Headwax on