A few wishes and requests for DAZ and artists

MeScorpMeScorp Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

1.) I would love to see an option to organize our wish lists more the way we want them. I would also love to not end up with duplicate items in my wish list when I accidentally add one that was already added. I remember that it didn't used to do that. It would tell me when something I tried to add was already in there.

2.) When purchasing a base model of something, you used to be able to find links on that page that showed you all of the other items created by artists to go with the base. I know sometimes you can see them in the right hand column of your cart, or on the base model page, but it's not as consistent or convenient.

3.) For the artists: I would also really love to see a lot of the models that are available only for Genesis males and females, be created for compatibility with other models, even older ones like M4 and V4. Yes, I know that goes hand in hand with making the shoppers buy the bases you want them to, but then doesn't leave much use for the other models anymore. Sort of makes you feel like you're wasting your money buying something that won't have anything else made for it after a month or so.

Anyway, just a few wishes I've had for what they're worth.

Thanks!

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

MeScorp said:
    1.) I would love to see an option to organize our wish lists more the way we want them. I would also love to not end up with duplicate items in my wish list when I accidentally add one that was already added. I remember that it didn't used to do that. It would tell me when something I tried to add was already in there.

2.) When purchasing a base model of something, you used to be able to find links on that page that showed you all of the other items created by artists to go with the base. I know sometimes you can see them in the right hand column of your cart, or on the base model page, but it's not as consistent or convenient.

3.) For the artists: I would also really love to see a lot of the models that are available only for Genesis males and females, be created for compatibility with other models, even older ones like M4 and V4. Yes, I know that goes hand in hand with making the shoppers buy the bases you want them to, but then doesn't leave much use for the other models anymore. Sort of makes you feel like you're wasting your money buying something that won't have anything else made for it after a month or so.

Anyway, just a few wishes I've had for what they're worth.

Thanks!

I'd like to be able to organize my wishlist, too.

It's been discussed - over and over - but we're probably not going to backconvert to Generation 4 if we're working with Genesis or Genesis 2. Gen 4 is about twice as hard to rig for, and none of us can afford to take twice as long on a product for the amount of additional sales it generates.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I second what you both said regarding wishlists. There is too much of confusion with the current one. Plus, I'd like to show my wishlist to people on DA, for instance. I cannot do that at the moment. Sending it via emails sounds like spamming for me. I just want to showcase what I'm eyeing, because I'd not have to explain that to so many people :P.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

I second what you both said regarding wishlists. There is too much of confusion with the current one. Plus, I'd like to show my wishlist to people on DA, for instance. I cannot do that at the moment. Sending it via emails sounds like spamming for me. I just want to showcase what I'm eyeing, because I'd not have to explain that to so many people :P.

trying to wrap my head around this, can't think of any reason why i would want to show someone my wishlist, but agree that I would see it as spamming if I sent it to someone (or vice versa). Couldn't you just send a link for the item you want to show someone?

i really don't have any issues with wishlist organization, i check it when there is a sale, and if it is on sale, i dump it in the cart. But I would like the items to drop off the wishlist if I purchase them outside of the wishlist.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

trying to wrap my head around this, can't think of any reason why i would want to show someone my wishlist, but agree that I would see it as spamming if I sent it to someone (or vice versa). Couldn't you just send a link for the item you want to show someone?

i really don't have any issues with wishlist organization, i check it when there is a sale, and if it is on sale, i dump it in the cart. But I would like the items to drop off the wishlist if I purchase them outside of the wishlist.

The point is, it happens frequently there are some huge sales with new content hitting the shops and my friends enjoy commenting on them. At the moment, we just make journal entries grouping them, but it is time-consuming, requires copying the links and using special coding as DA likes labeling the links "This link will take you off DA - out there be monsters!", not to mention swamping the journal. Just sending a link to the wishlist would be much easier, since we obviously use that feature for our personal use.

When it comes to wishlist organisation, I'd like it not to allow adding the same product multiple times - or at least ask me if I really mean it. Sometimes I put in an item I've already placed there, because I forget I did add it to the wishlist.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited July 2014

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited June 2014

I don't know how easy it would be to code a reorganization of the wishlist, though I'd love to be able to do it.

More important to me, however, would be links to add-ons and expansions for products. I feel that a lot of sales are lost because at the moment it's a bit too much of a scavenger hunt to find them. And you have to know ahead of time that they exist in order to even bother searching for them.

I also think that the requirements are often confusing for newbies. If they are truly required, as in the product absolutely will not work without them, they should be listed. But if they're optional, that needs to be clear.

Post edited by Velvet Goblin on
  • MeScorpMeScorp Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't know how easy it would be to code a reorganization of the wishlist, though I'd love to be able to do it.

More important to me, however, would be links to add-ons and expansions for products. I feel that a lot of sales are lost because at the moment it's a bit too much of a scavenger hunt to find them. And you have to know ahead of time that they exist in order to even bother searching for them.

I also think that the requirements are often confusing for newbies. If they are truly required, as in the product absolutely will not work without them, they should be listed. But if they're optional, that needs to be clear.

Yes!! Exactly my thoughts on the expansion packs! Often times you won't find something that goes with a base product by just doing a site search!

I also agree with you on the thoughts on what's required. Though I've been doing it for years, many newbies won't know exactly what they have to have because it isn't always clear.

edited December 1969

Oh...and one more thing. Yes, I know I'm demanding!

It can also get very confusing as to which of the files to download when I purchase something. It's not always clearly stated which one or multiple ones should be downloaded for Poser, etc.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

MeScorp said:

It can also get very confusing as to which of the files to download when I purchase something. It's not always clearly stated which one or multiple ones should be downloaded for Poser, etc.

That's what DIM is for.

edited December 1969

MeScorp said:

That's what DIM is for.

Yes, I know....I personally don't care for it.

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

It looks like they just updated the wishlist a bit. There is more info about the products now. It would be nice if it continues.

What I'ld like to see on that score is adding the artists name to the info. With all these store sales going on, it would be useful to see if I have anything in there that is on sale that way, as was mentioned above. A sort feature shouldn't be too hard to implement as they already do this in other places. being able to sort by price, discount, artist, release date, and alphabetically would be ideal.

From original poster:
    2.) When purchasing a base model of something, you used to be able to find links on that page that showed you all of the other items created by artists to go with the base. I know sometimes you can see them in the right hand column of your cart, or on the base model page, but it’s not as consistent or convenient.

I also agree with this.

Gus

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
    edited December 1969

I wish someone would make the Fly-By-Wire camera plug-in work with DS 4.6. I'd love to be able to use a joystick to control my cameras.

• HyJinxHyJinx Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Let me start by emphasizing how much I appreciate the Wishlist updates that happened today! Thanks Daz!

Now, while we're on the topic of the wishlist, I have a question about its organization. If it's not possible, or the process is too involved, to organize in a specific order, would adding folders or subcategories be an option? For example, I have many items on my wishlist for the purpose of checking the price during sales and promotions. I also have quite a few PC items that I wouldn't mind adding to my collection if I ever need to spend just a couple more dollars to make my purchase qualify for additional savings (such as $5 off $30). It would be fantastic if these two categories could be separated, then I wouldn't need to stop each time I see the red PC price, allowing me to browse through the items much more quickly

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

MeScorp said:

Yes please. It's getting annoying when I add an item, then add a texture set or addon for it later on, and have to go fishing for it through the list to buy it when I buy the item itself. I'd like to lump the stuff that goes together so I can add them all at the same time.