Installing the Armavision Horse in Poser

edited July 2012 in The Commons

I downloaded the Armavision Horse in Poser , and all the files are where they should be. The figure appears in the program, but the morphs do not work. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I'm guessing it may be the .pmd file. I'm using Poser 4.

Post edited by thebluejester2003_bc8fa55ed8 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

I think that is a good guess, I don't believe PMD morphs came along until Poser 6. the only way I can think of that might work would be to use a newer version of poser , set the preferences so that use external binary morphs is unchecked, load the horse (and any morphs that might need to be loaded manually, pose files for morphs) and then resave the character to the library so that the morphs are saved into the cr2. You can try the same technique using Daz Studio 2 or 3 as well as long as you use the free pmd script. I'm sorry I don't have a link for that, it was listed in the Daz Freepository on the old archived Daz forums. I also can't tell you whether it was ever updated to work with the current Daz Studio 4. I don't know for sure if this would work, but I have read of others overcoming morph issues by doing one of these two things.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help and perhaps someone else will come along who can tell you more.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Check if MorphExchange can fix it. Worked for me with couple of other .pmd-laden item sets.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I found I had to give up on Poser 4 when Daz first released V4, as she doesn't wouldn't work right in P4. At the time I was lucky enough to find a reasonable priced copy of P6 at Amazon, and I still use that version, which works fine for me for all the stuff I need to do in Poser.

I doubt if P6 is availalbe anywhere now, but you should still be able to buy a copy of P8 at a reasonable price through somewhere like Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Micro-Software-Inc-PSR8HBX2/dp/B002KMQ8WU