2»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

They retired their forum and website because of no time ... that said:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20101204211440/http://www.aerysoul.com/free.html

• LintonLinton Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

I don't particularly care for drama or artistic promotions. If your art is good enough, and the style unique and of good quality, the products work as intended and is backed up by support, I'll buy it.

Aeon Soul, who I have followed through various names, has exceptional quality items. The first I purchased was MaliLumee: The light mage, and despite a few hassles with installation, this product has been a favourite of mine since obtaining it.

I will be supporting this artist's work now and in the future, and it is fantastic to see it on Daz3d, as it works well with DIM and installs accurately and with no issues.

If you are reading this Aeon Soul, thank you for your great products, and looking forward to seeing more here very soon!

Ava Adore, Arkham Arkangel, heck bring them all here! (especially if they work on G2F!)

Also, any plans to create male G2M clothing to partner Alice (et al) with?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,272
    edited December 1969

Well in all their time I can only think of one male outfit from them ever. And it was a great one. But it was only the one.

What I'm sort of assuming now, is that they may be planning to release any G2F only products here directly, while the V4 stuff, which they are still producing, will come out at RDNA. By the same reasoning, I'd expect that if they ever did decide to dabble with Dawn, the first product might come out at RDNA, and if it did well, eventually they'd move their Dawn stuff to Hivewire.

They only did one product for Genesis 1. It was very early, and doesn't appear to have done well, for they've pulled it. But once they started doing G2F versions of things, those have evidently sold well enough to encourage them to keep producing them. But the first several have been G2F versions of V4 releases (or re-releases) and it made sense to keep both versions in the same store. This last one was G2F only so it made sense to release it here, and I suspect it was a bit in the nature of a fishing expedition to see how their products perform over here as opposed to on RDNA.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I know of two male products:
    Nym Suit for Michael 3
    Narquelir Kiir for Michael 4

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,272
    edited December 1969

Ah. I missed the Nym suit. I stand corrected.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    They tend to avoid participating in most of the sales over at RDNA.... I wonder if they are going to freak out with the sale mania over here at DAZ.

Most likely they just will be excluded from the sales that would otherwise apply.

I'm sure that will be the case. Over at RDNA, if you win the Image of the Week, you get to pick a free product, but you can't choose an AS item. If I were one of the vendors over there I'd be a little ticked off by the special treatment.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,400
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I know of two male products:
    Nym Suit for Michael 3
    Narquelir Kiir for Michael 4

what do you mean by "you know" about those products? is narquelir kiir still available somewhere??
    i've been searching all over the place for this outfit - not only a great versatile set, but there are so many nice free textures for it. i googled like mad, been through the whole internets & back... nothing. well, nothing legal - loads of torrents and other download-aggreg stuff i'm not interested in feature it, but i want the original. since then, A.S has made many new, awesome outfits - but i so don't care, they're for females, and i only use male charas ~

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

I bought Narquelir Kiir here at DAZ but its now gone from the store... maybe they will bring it back or update it for G2M now that they are here again as a PA.

edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I bought Narquelir Kiir here at DAZ but its now gone from the store... maybe they will bring it back or update it for G2M now that they are here again as a PA.

yes, i followed links to the now inexistent daz product page... well i hope for an original reupload, here, anywhere (if you read this Aeon...) - because personally, a G2M update wouldn't be of much use to me - i use M4 and Genesis 1, now recently M5 from a sale. G2M might muck with my too little memory i think, i had 2-3 trials for curiosity but i got the feeling it lagged or even crashed (maybe not? maybe yes? more textures than G1? or polys? whatevs, i forgot) - and anyway i'm happy with my M's & G1, and all the stuff i got for them not too long ago too, like all along the last 15 months and a bunch during this summer's M4 sale ~

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

G2M has somewhat more polys than Genisis1 but far fewer then M4.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:

yes, i followed links to the now inexistent daz product page... well i hope for an original reupload, here, anywhere (if you read this Aeon...) - because personally, a G2M update wouldn't be of much use to me - i use M4 and Genesis 1, now recently M5 from a sale. G2M might muck with my too little memory i think, i had 2-3 trials for curiosity but i got the feeling it lagged or even crashed (maybe not? maybe yes? more textures than G1? or polys? whatevs, i forgot) - and anyway i'm happy with my M's & G1, and all the stuff i got for them not too long ago too, like all along the last 15 months and a bunch during this summer's M4 sale ~

The converter sold here that converts from Gen2F to genesis works very well with very little distortion. I would imagine the male one would work just as well. The female one even converts skirts without distortion.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    MrPoser said:

The converter sold here that converts from Gen2F to genesis works very well with very little distortion. I would imagine the male one would work just as well. The female one even converts skirts without distortion.

i agree.
    and actually already saved the G2M to G1 convertor a few weeks ago in my wishlist - for a potential later purchase, emphasis on "later" - because i saw a few new G2 outfits/hair i liked and regretted they weren't for G1.
    but first i have (and still find for free) an enormous bunch of outfits in my runtime & "install later" folder - not mentioning endless wishlists on 3 sites - and second, well... this would be again another purchase, concerning a small group of items to be converted which i don't even have yet = $$$$, but tight budget. plus i'm generally not so fan of convertor interfaces however useful & awesome they are (genX gives me headaches, as does Xdresser), with or without tutorials, it's a personal issue with focus. i get them... and then never use them :/ .

so, concerning this particular outfit - narquelir - it might be great but i wouldn't buy the convertor especially for it... hence my fervent wish to buy it in the original version ^_^ . besides... i guess the numerous & rich freebie recolors have blinded me somehow.

edited December 1969

i agree.
    and actually already saved the G2M to G1 convertor a few weeks ago in my wishlist - for a potential later purchase, emphasis on "later" - because i saw a few new G2 outfits/hair i liked and regretted they weren't for G1.
    but first i have (and still find for free) an enormous bunch of outfits in my runtime & "install later" folder - not mentioning endless wishlists on 3 sites - and second, well... this would be again another purchase, concerning a small group of items to be converted which i don't even have yet = $$$$, but tight budget. plus i'm generally not so fan of convertor interfaces however useful & awesome they are (genX gives me headaches, as does Xdresser), with or without tutorials, it's a personal issue with focus. i get them... and then never use them :/ .

so, concerning this particular outfit - narquelir - it might be great but i wouldn't buy the convertor especially for it... hence my fervent wish to buy it in the original version ^_^ . besides... i guess the numerous & rich freebie recolors have blinded me somehow.

Can I just say using autofit is a lot easier than either of those programs. I have tried both and agree that they are painful to work with.

Autofit is as simple as loading the dress you want to convert choosing the clone and the template and hit okay.

If you want to fiddle with settings and add a smoothing modifier you can but I was surprised at how easy it was to get good results. The clones that they have done for Gen2 are a high quality and they even have a special skirt clone.

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

i agree.
    and actually already saved the G2M to G1 convertor a few weeks ago in my wishlist...
    ... i'm generally not so fan of convertor interfaces however useful & awesome they are (genX gives me headaches, as does Xdresser), with or without tutorials, it's a personal issue with focus. i get them... and then never use them :/ .

Can I just say using autofit is a lot easier than either of those programs. I have tried both and agree that they are painful to work with.

Autofit is as simple as loading the dress you want to convert choosing the clone and the template and hit okay.

If you want to fiddle with settings and add a smoothing modifier you can but I was surprised at how easy it was to get good results. The clones that they have done for Gen2 are a high quality and they even have a special skirt clone.

i see - if it's the same supersimple autofit system/pop-up than the one for Genesis 1 to fit clothing for M4 etc. then it's not a problem ofc. thanx for the info :).

on a side note: i just started making sense of the smoothing mod now - finally after 18 months DAZ! - while fitting V4 clothing (the awesomazing Epifani set) to Vittorio/V4 male (i'm discovering/testing now too), because with Genesis it was a nightmare with the shoes (it's always, but worse, they're not separate but are an integral part of the "epi clothing" figure, i had to make obj etc, still not perfect *gah*, and then i thought about my V4 male sitting neglected in my runtime).

ok - as i see from your heads up, the convertor seems a good investition and not too bothersome work. i'll keep a warm place for it in my wishlist. thanx for all above infos/answers! ^_^

(still want narquelir for my M4's tho' XD.)

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

i agree.
    and actually already saved the G2M to G1 convertor a few weeks ago in my wishlist...
    ... i'm generally not so fan of convertor interfaces however useful & awesome they are (genX gives me headaches, as does Xdresser), with or without tutorials, it's a personal issue with focus. i get them... and then never use them :/ .

i see - if it's the same supersimple autofit system/pop-up than the one for Genesis 1 to fit clothing for M4 etc. then it's not a problem ofc. thanx for the info :).

on a side note: i just started making sense of the smoothing mod now - finally after 18 months DAZ! - while fitting V4 clothing (the awesomazing Epifani set) to Vittorio/V4 male (i'm discovering/testing now too), because with Genesis it was a nightmare with the shoes (it's always, but worse, they're not separate but are an integral part of the "epi clothing" figure, i had to make obj etc, still not perfect *gah*, and then i thought about my V4 male sitting neglected in my runtime).

ok - as i see from your heads up, the convertor seems a good investition and not too bothersome work. i'll keep a warm place for it in my wishlist. thanx for all above infos/answers! ^_^
    e
    (still want narquelir for my M4's tho' XD.)Yes...it is the same format. Sickle has created clones etc... to allow conversion from gen2 to genesis.

• EamonEamon Posts: 159
    edited December 1969

Do any of you guys know how well Aeon Soul's Tau Ceti Overseer will fit on Genesis one?
    It's originally for G2 but I have a very complex character made from a G1 that I would like to apply some armor pieces to.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

Eamon said:
    Do any of you guys know how well Aeon Soul's Tau Ceti Overseer will fit on Genesis one?
    It's originally for G2 but I have a very complex character made from a G1 that I would like to apply some armor pieces to.

I haven't picked it up yet, but do you have the G2F clone for Genesis? http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis It would be neccessary. There's also a G2M clone: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-clone-for-genesis. I plan to buy the suit later today; I'll see if I can find time to render a bit.

edited December 1969

Cool, I will get that clone thing then. Thanks. :)

• nelchwetzalnelchwetzal Posts: 20
    edited December 1969
    TCO-rShin_and_lShin.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 325K
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

That's due to a face group not being present for that bone, or one being there but not being assigned to that bone. It's a less than 2 minute fix in DS, bug report it so they know about it. =)

• nelchwetzalnelchwetzal Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    That's due to a face group not being present for that bone, or one being there but not being assigned to that bone. It's a less than 2 minute fix in DS, bug report it so they know about it. =)

Unfortunately

tcorShinpartialfix.png
    1600 x 900 - 969K
    edited December 1969

Can you cut things up then? What exactly am I looking at above?

• Welcome Aeon Soul, I hope you bring all of your past skills and imagination to the PA content of DAZ Studio. I have purchased some of your products from other vendors and will appreciate the availability of your stylish and high quality products… Welcome it’s great to have you here.