Daz monstrosities...carrara compatible?

rubidiumrubidium Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello
Daz monstrosities (undead fiend, skullcrusher ogre, infernal behemoth) are now in fastgrab. I am thinking to buy some of them but only if they are compatible with Carrara. They are based on genesis. The characters are in .cr2 and .duf formats, and the textures are in .duf and .mc6 formats.
Has anybody tried them in Carrara? Are they compatible?
Thanks in advance

Ramon

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

I don't have any of those but I imagine they would work to a degree..

If anything you may need to apply the textures manually along with any bump maps and displacement maps

and you always have the 30 day money back guarantee if they don't work

;-)

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Yes, they work. You do have to tweak the shaders (I just raise the bump value), but they look pretty good. Like Stezza says, the 30 day guarantee may make it a less painful decision. I did this with "Undead Fiend" in Carrara;

fiend.jpg
    1280 x 641 - 192K
  • rubidiumrubidium Posts: 27
    edited July 2014

Thank you for your help. I have bought the infernal behemoth and will try it in carrara tonight.

Ramon

Post edited by rubidium on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

rubidium said:
    Thank you for your help. I have bought the infernal behemoth and will try it in carrara tonight.

Ramon

You're gonna be glad you did... and you'll come back for more Genesis Monsters! Genesis makes great monsters... and the way the Genesis system works, you can mix monster features and human features... no injections needed. The more shapes you add, the better the monster creation process becomes!
    edited December 1969

Thank you Dartanbeck... now I must learn to use genesis.... i have been working with generation 3 figures in my animation project... :--)

Ramón

edited December 1969

Ok. So Infernal Behemoth appears in the People - Female - FantasyScify category :-D
    One question... how can I get rid of the white seams?

Ramon

behemoth.jpg
    640 x 480 - 13K
    edited December 1969

OK, after some research in the forums I found the answer... it's a problem with the texture filtering, changing it from "fast mip map" to "sampling" solves the problem. This forum is a great learning tool.

Ramón

Behemoth2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 16K