What's causing these lines?

This is Catallena HD by Mousso. I am trying to use Skin Builder 8 to give the skin more detail and these lines appear. I tried to make them go away using Altern8 but no luck. Any idea what's causing this and how I can make them go away?

Catallena and Skin Builder Lines.png
2844 x 1600 - 2M

Comments

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

What exactly did you do in skin builder?

I also have skin builder and catalina 8, so if you tell me your settings I can look wheather I get the same results.

• hwgs1971hwgs1971 Posts: 128

Cool. Just load a new figure and then in Skin Builder apply Overlays > Fine Detail and accept the defaults. Thanks!

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278

Ok, tested it. Get the same result like you albeit it*s not so noticeable in my case. I think it's a seam issue with the skin, which is not easily fixable.

As a workaround I loaded the skin of robyn8 on the character and it looks fine after applying the details with skin builder (see second picture). 

I think if you really want to use the catalina skin the last resort would be to contact the creator of skin builder (zev0), maybe she can help you but I wouldn't count on it. 

catalinaskin.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    catalinaskin2robyn.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Thanks ps2000 for taking the time to look at this. I had no idea it was possible to change skins from one figure to another. Now I have another tool in the toolbox!

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 481
    edited January 2021

Ok found the issue Mousso's maps for the Diffuse, Bump and Specular are set to 4000x4000 instead of 4096x4096 which the Skin Builder 8 uses. If you go into the Textures/Mousso/Catallena and switch them up to 4096x4096 it corrects the issue just make sure you do it on the arms. legs and torso maps. The face maps are already 4096x4096 wink

Catallena.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 938K
    Post edited by Elliandra on

Thanks for your persistence. How do I do this? I looked everywhere in the Surfaces tab but didn't see anything that seemed like what you are talking about here.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 481

You have to change the size of the actual texture maps in the Runtime/Textures/Mousso/Catallena folder. You can use a 2D graphics program to resize the images up to 4096x4096 but be careful as in some programs you can lose details in the maps. I used PhotoShop to resize the torso map and an image resizer for the arms/legs. You can see in the torso the detailing is still there but with the arms it gets a little blurry under the added skin details from Skin Builder 8