Content question.

katlynn.endecottkatlynn.endecott Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Sorry for such a noob question but, i'm trying to install content into Daz through the zip files and i think i did it right i looked up videos on how to do it but my content will not load when i open Daz.

Can anyone maybe tell me where i can find a detailed tutorial on how to do it or can anyone tell me?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    edited December 1969

Switch from Smart Content to normal Content tab.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited July 2012

Essentially all you are doing is dropping the new content into an existing structure of folders. If you've installed the zip, then theoretically you know where that is, but check what Studio is expecting by looking in edit/preferences/content library/content directory manager.

Go to those folders and look to see if the contents of the zip have been added (you can look in the zip to check what should be there and in what sub-folder). Poser type files (.CR2, .PZ2, etc) should be under a folder called Runtime, Studio type files (.DAZ, .DS* where *= any of a bunch of characters), will be under a folder most likely called 'My Library' or 'Content', there will be a Runtime folder within My Library/Content, but you may have others, it doesn't normally matter if you have more than one Runtime or My Library/Content, provided Studio knows about them.

The most common error with installing content, and not just from zips, is that it goes into the folder structure a level too high, or a level too low. Look in the My Library/Content directory folder and see it there is another My Library/Content as a sub-folder, if there is, then drag the lower level one onto the parent folder of the higher level one so the two merge. Make the same check for a Runtime folder within your Runtime folder. Next go up to the parent folder of My Library/Content and see if it contains folders called things like data or people, if they are there, then these need to be dragged onto My Library/Content. The other place files can end up by accident is the folder where you had the Zip, check to see whether that now has a Runtime sub-folder, or data, people, etc sub-folders, again they need to be dragged to the proper folders.

Post edited by DWG on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

One question. Are the zip files you are trying to use ones that are downloaded from Daz3D, or are they zip files from other sites.

You should be aware that only a small amount of Daz3D content is currently available for PCs in zip format. This is mostly older content. If you are on a PC and get an option of a zip or an exe in your available downloads, then the zip files are for the Mac platform and the .exe files are for the PC.