DAZ Studio - Load morph targets directly from FBX (or other) formats

D|S already does really accurate and clean FBX import and export, and FBX is much better supported in a huge selection of content creation apps than OBJ - it would be so helpful if one could load morphs directly onto a D|S object/figure straight from FBX format.

NB: this is not a request for help on how to do this

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Since when does DS have accurate and clean FBX Import?? I have tried importing a TON of FBX meshes into DS over the years, most rigged and none of them have imported flawlessly. most were unusable.

• Pure geometry generally imports OK.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

FYI I'm working on a model that I rigged and weighted and made morphs for in Cinema4D R18, exported with FBX2014 and imported into D|S and not only did the geometry import correctly....

- the bones and weights also came in correct, which I didn't really expect but wasn't that big a surprise

- the morph targets (created and started in Cinema's native PoseMorph tag) all imported without my even realizing it and all worked correctly

The only thing that doesn't import all that well is polygon selections for body part picking in the viewport. Here's hoping you guys keep improving FBX format.