Is there a list of all black Genesis 3/8 female characters?

vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207
edited February 2021 in Product Suggestions

In order to see all genesis 3/8 black women, I'd have to go through 80 pages of characters. That would take too long.

Does anyone have a list by any chance, or know a way I can sort DAZ women G3/G8 by ethnicity?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If we could even filter the list to just figures/characters of whatever color, without the clothes, makeup, clothing textures and poses, the amount of pages would be a lot less.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    edited February 2021

Zamuel has a product archive at the beginning of the Black is Beautiful II thread. I don't know how up to date it is -- he'd asked for some help in updating it a while back, but I'm not sure anyone was able to do much. He also tried to make it comprehensive, so it covers a LOT more than G3/G8, and it's not limited to female-only.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • I have recently tried to search specifically for black characters and typing in "Africa" or "Black" or "Dark skin" gives only very limited or no results. 
    I just went through a lot of products to find some good ones. How many do you need? 
    You can search for "Kingston" and also for "VYK Zuri". I think both are realy well done!
    I have also seen some ethnity morph packs and maybe in combination with a skin mamager plugin, you could create a lot of variations without buying specific characters. 
    You could also asked this guy who seems to work preferrably with black characters: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjWoiheJcpvpSY4ZVIRSifw

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207
    edited February 2021

I think we just need a hero willing to go through all the G3 & G8 characters on this website and make a link list of all black characters.

vwrangler said:

Zamuel has a product archive at the beginning of the Black is Beautiful II thread. I don't know how up to date it is -- he'd asked for some help in updating it a while back, but I'm not sure anyone was able to do much. He also tried to make it comprehensive, so it covers a LOT more than G3/G8, and it's not limited to female-only.

That's a 48 page thread.  If I hypothetically went through it, I might as well just go through 48 pages of G3/G8 characters to find the black models.  I'm trying to save as much time as possible. 

Post edited by vozolgant on
  • I've toyed with the idea of making a database of all the Daz compatible characters a couple of times but it would be an impossible task for a single person.
    Steve.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870
    edited February 2021

vozolgant said:

I think we just need a hero willing to go through all the G3 & G8 characters on this website and make a link list of all black characters.

vwrangler said:

Zamuel has a product archive at the beginning of the Black is Beautiful II thread. I don't know how up to date it is -- he'd asked for some help in updating it a while back, but I'm not sure anyone was able to do much. He also tried to make it comprehensive, so it covers a LOT more than G3/G8, and it's not limited to female-only.

That's a 48 page thread.  If I hypothetically went through it, I might as well just go through 48 pages of G3/G8 characters to find the black models.  I'm trying to save as much time as possible. 

No, no. Not the whole thread. The product archive in the Google doc in the first post of the thread: this document here. It was last updated in September 2020, so it's missing a few characters, but I'm not sure how many or which ones. It covers both Daz and Renderosity.

To be sure, the product archive itself is 30 pages long, but the document is double spaced, and each character is just a single line with link. The part you want -- female black G8F characters -- is basically pages 1-10. (Genesis 8 is headed into year 4. Between Daz and Renderosity, there are a LOT of characters. No way around that.) The list starts with children -- of which there are very few of any ethnicity -- then goes to female characters, then to male characters. It's in approximately reverse chronological order in each section, so it goes generally from G8 to G3 to G2 to Genesis to V4M4.

If you click ONCE in the text of each link, for the characters at Daz, it will bring up the associated picture, if they're still available at Daz. The Renderosity ones don't seem to do that.

Zamuel has literally done almost exactly what you asked for, and before you asked for it.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Moved to Product Suggestions as it is not a Daz Studio question

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

LOL, just hire yourself a shopper.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460

You should look at Skin Builder, it can make pretty good ethnic varieties if you tinker with it. Hands down the best single thing I ever bought for Poser/DAZ|Studio.

https://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-8-for-genesis-8-females