I'm willing to pay someone actual cash to do this, any takers?

I would like someone to MERGE two already G8F commercially available skins into a custom skin. If there are any takers please reply and messange me so we can work out the details.

Comments

• That would not be permissible as they would have to share a finished file. They might be able to provide masks that you could use to blend the two images in an image editor, or using LIE or Geoemtry Shells in DS, but colour adjustments would be trickier unless you both had the same image editor.

• only way I can see this being possible is if it was done on your computer using your software and content.

Someone talking you through it on TeamViewer or something

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

Is adding two layers in Gimp/Photoshop and then masking between them something you cant just do yourself in 5 min?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885
    edited February 2021

"Merge" them in what way? Are you talking about, for example, taking one skin and adding imperfections from another? Are you wanting to do something more akin to what Skin Transform does?

Post edited by Gordig on
  • lilweep said:

Is adding two layers in Gimp/Photoshop and then masking between them something you cant just do yourself in 5 min?

Probably not. I don't own Photoshop and I don't even know what Gimp is. I can barely use DAZ.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2021

Gordig said:

"Merge" them in what way? Are you talking about, for example, taking one skin and adding imperfections from another? Are you wanting to do something more akin to what Skin Transform does?

referring to the attached image

I would like to add the flames from the character on the right onto the skin of the character on the left. The flames give off light in a dark room so that has to be taken into consideration. Also, I would like the flames to cover more of the torso. Perhaps up to the shoulder level just before the neck.

I would pay for the person to purchase both characters and, of course, I would pay for the custom skin to be made.

3610.png
    1250 x 1000 - 648K
    Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

if the flames give off light, then it's a good chance it's not part of the skin texture and can be used on other skins. What product is that from?

• FSMCDesigns said:

if the flames give off light, then it's a good chance it's not part of the skin texture and can be used on other skins. What product is that from?

Eleonora for Genesis 8 Female(s)https://www.daz3d.com/eleonora-for-genesis-8-females ]

But it's only one skin that is applied. On the parts that are not flames, I would like the other skin. And, I am willing to pay someone to bring the torso flames up to the shoulder level just below the neck.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Just use a geoshell and apply the flames to the geoshell, tiles the flames and adjust the position by using the vertical & horizontal scales. You can make the flames larger or smaller by making the scale greater than or less than 1.0.

• nonesuch00 said:

Just use a geoshell and apply the flames to the geoshell, tiles the flames and adjust the position by using the vertical & horizontal scales. You can make the flames larger or smaller by making the scale greater than or less than 1.0.

I have no idea how to actually DO what you said but thank you.

• Drogo Nazhur said:

nonesuch00 said:

I have no idea how to actually DO what you said but thank you.

OK, it's a chance to learn something then... A geometry shell (geoshell) is like a... well... shell that encloses a Daz object. You create one by selecting (in your case) your female figure, and clicking Create > Create New Geometry Shell... from the menu.

What you get is a plain white shell that wraps your figure precisely, and which moves with it when you pose it. The shell has the same surfaces as the figure it's based on.

To get your flame effects, you'd need to create images that could be used in the diffuse, emission color and cutout opacity channels. Not difficult to do with any half decent graphics program.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,248
    edited February 2021

G.I.M.P. is free and works with layers. If whatever you use to edit images works with layers, that's okay too.

I use Paint Shop Pro.

You make a copy of the original skin, and a copy of the skin you want the fire to be on.

Layer the images so that the fire original is on top, the good skin you want to keep underneath.

Select the fire original on top and use the eraser brush to erase of the actual skin. [feather the edges so the one will blend with the other].

When it is as you like, then save out a copy of the image [which you may or not have merged into one - I don't have to and don't just in case I want to change a layer some more] as a .png file.

Open D/S, load the figure, load the skin and see if it looks okay. If yes, save out a new mat preset for it. [btw - be sure that this new texture is in the runtime > textures > your subfolder before loading it to the figure and saving it].

using layers.png
    1446 x 808 - 120K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • ok

thank you

• Drogo Nazhur said:

ok

thank you

You're quite welcome.

Some more information to guide: Click here [my tutorial thread].

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

Drogo Nazhur said:

ok

thank you

You're quite welcome.

Some more information to guide: Click here [my tutorial thread].

thank you again

Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

if it's like a tattoo in layered image editor, someone with both products should be able to setup a shader preset for you.

• Mystiarra said:

if it's like a tattoo in layered image editor, someone with both products should be able to setup a shader preset for you.

I'm willing to pay someone to buy both products and then pay them to do the work.

Anybody?

• Drogo Nazhur said:

Mystiarra said:

I'm willing to pay someone to buy both products and then pay them to do the work.

Anybody?

Is the fire set up like a tattoo? If not, then this method will not work.