Rendering image series from position on timeline

Lost Render Series

On occasion while rendering a fairly long series, I may have a power failure and have to shut down. Or for some reason DS crashes forcing me to start all over.

I may have already been rendering many hours and all that render time is wasted because I can only start from the beginning again.

How about adding the ability to slide the marker in timeline to a particular location and render image series from that point?

That could be better than having a "resume" option that would assume orderly shut down that has time to remember where the series left off. All one would have to do is note how many frames were already rendered then slide to that point (aprox) on timeline and start from there.  The number sequence should reflect that position so that if you started a bit before you lost it would just over wright the same file name assuring an unbroken sequence.

This could also be useful if you wanted to output a short series from a long one.

//

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

If you are rendering to an image sequence that option is availabe on the Render Setttigs dialog (under the General category) where you can set both start and end frame.