In DAZ 3d , thunderstorm animation with lightning effects?

SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello there,

is there a plug-in, add on of sorts available in/ for Daz 3d 4.6 that can create a thunderstorm animation with lightning effects??

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,072
    edited December 1969

not that I know of but you can add it in post using Hitfilm for example

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited October 2014

For the rain, you might want to check this out:

The Rain Tool, by Nerd 3D

As for the lightning, I really don't know what to tell you. Since it involves not just visual elements (the lightning bolts), but also abrupt changes in the ambient lighting in the scene. That's some serious FX work, any way you look at it.

Which gives me an idea -- check out some FX packages, and see what you can find that might give you the visuals you want. I just did a search of the DAZ store, and found these:

RawArt's Raw Energy Effects

Fantasy and Sci-Fi Effects, by Blondie9999

Not sure if either of these can be animated; frankly, I've never tried.

Good luck with however you decide to pursue it. Looking forward to seeing the YouTube video!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
  • For the rain, you might want to check this out:

The Rain Tool, by Nerd 3D

As for the lightning, I really don't know what to tell you. Since it involves not just visual elements (the lightning bolts), but also abrupt changes in the ambient lighting in the scene. That's some serious FX work, any way you look at it.

Which gives me an idea -- check out some FX packages, and see what you can find that might give you the visuals you want. I just did a search of the DAZ store, and found these:

RawArt's Raw Energy Effects

Fantasy and Sci-Fi Effects, by Blondie9999

Not sure if either of these can be animated; frankly, I've never tried.

Good luck with however you decide to pursue it. Looking forward to seeing the YouTube video!

Thanks , sorry for the very very late reply, somehow I did not get a notification in my mailbox. I'll check it out.

• Ypu could also try this for the lightning:

http://www.daz3d.com/orestes-electromancy

I don't know if it will animate well or not; I Never tried.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157

That would be a very cool product idea for someone that's got a good handle on the creation process.  Make a bank of clouds that roll in, animated lightening and then rain with splash effects for the ground plane............... be really cool!  Then top it off with the clouds parting and a big happy rainbow to tie it all up with!  cheeky

• Ypu could also try this for the lightning:

http://www.daz3d.com/orestes-electromancy

I don't know if it will animate well or not; I Never tried.

lol , all these prods I already have or are in my wishlist   ;)

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited September 2015
    RAMWolff said:

That would be a very cool product idea for someone that's got a good handle on the creation process.  Make a bank of clouds that roll in, animated lightening and then rain with splash effects for the ground plane............... be really cool!  Then top it off with the clouds parting and a big happy rainbow to tie it all up with!  cheeky

Dearest,

to be honest that was exactly what I thought ....and I expected lightning and clouds (to be able to be animated by one self ) to be available at Daz. smiley But there wasn't any no

I  also expected smoke , steam , heat dispersion , flames to be able to animate and a demolition and particle emitter plug in available at Daz ....

Maybe , hopefully one day .

Cheers smiley

Post edited by Syphonaptera on
  • there are flames

http://www.daz3d.com/dungeon-lighting-kit

is a cool old one but works, can make flames emitters in iray

Hitfilm still your best bet with DAZ studio though as it does not do animated textures easily so can composite in and use layers with transparency

express is free and will do it

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694

There is a Particles plugin for DS.  Unfortunately, the vendor has yet to update it to work in DS4.  No one really knows why the vendor ceased posting about it.  It's been quite a while since we have heard snything,.  I just checked and the plugin is no longer availble in the store. 

• icprncss said:

There is a Particles plugin for DS.  Unfortunately, the vendor has yet to update it to work in DS4.  No one really knows why the vendor ceased posting about it.  It's been quite a while since we have heard snything,.  I just checked and the plugin is no longer availble in the store. 

Too bad :(

cheers