Return of The Core (and similar)

Many years ago, DAZ used to sell an early Stonemason product called The Core, which was a sci-fi building element with a central column and an extended walkway. Although it's very old now, if you were lucky enough to buy it way-back-when, it still works perfectly with DAZ Studio (after a quick conversion of the 3DL shaders to Iray) and looks great.

I'd love to see, if not necessarily The Core itself, some products along the same lines. In the same category I'd also include Stonemason's Skydock, another oldie-but-goodie that is still on sale. While Stonemason has done some impressive large sets on a sci-fi theme, I think there's a definite niche for smaller products like The Core and Skydock which (a) have a distinctive sci-fi look and (b) are small enough to be self-contained. They make very good settings for single figures, or for mix-and-match combinations with other products with a similar look.

We have endless choice when it comes to sci-fi interiors, especially corridors, but we don't have quite as many attractive, self-contained sci-fi exterior sets.

Of course if DAZ 3D brought back The Core as a PC+ item, with updated Iray materials, that might not be a bad thing either.

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340

The Core is currently a "Daz Originals" PC+ item, you can still buy it.

-- Walt Sterdan

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830

wsterdan said:

The Core is currently a "Daz Originals" PC+ item, you can still buy it.

Oops. So it is. For some reason I wasn't finding it when I searched the store. Thanks.

OK, all the more reason for DAZ to put out a set of updated materials for it. It's still a very functional model, despite its age.