some more primitives

The number of primitives provided by DazStudio is very limited, some more usable with Dforce would be great, same as splines.

It could be an addon to the program it self or a separtate product.;

I would also like something with dimensions compatible with Daz decimal system which seems to be to say the least, absurdly inacurate

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Have you seen these? https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-morphing-primitives

As for DS units, they're cm and pretty accurate from what I've seen.

• The system only gets inaccurate when you start wanting to use the full precision of floating point numbers (6 significant figures) or better. I have recently come to grief on this because my home written software uses double precision numbers, and so I didn't even think of it when modelling two mating parts at 200+ metres away from the origin, mating to a precision of better than 0.1 cm. I was annoyed with myself for not predicting the problem.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited February 2021

if you want to redistribute stuff made from primitives you cannot use the Everyday morphing primitives.

For that even if you don't model in it, your best option is Blender.

It is fairly easy to generate various primitives in it and export obj

or

https://www.sharecg.com/v/15328/related/5/3D-Model/Enhanced-Primitives-1

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

It would be great if the primitives in DS were....well, more primitive, in the sense that you could change their parameters without deleting and starting over. Say you've created a plane to dForce it over something, and it became apparent that you should have made more subdivisions. In other programs, that's no problem, but in DS, again, you just have to delete it and create a new one, replicating all the other steps you'd made to the previous iteration.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Gordig said:

It would be great if the primitives in DS were....well, more primitive, in the sense that you could change their parameters without deleting and starting over. Say you've created a plane to dForce it over something, and it became apparent that you should have made more subdivisions. In other programs, that's no problem, but in DS, again, you just have to delete it and create a new one, replicating all the other steps you'd made to the previous iteration.

Couldn't agree more. It saves so much time creating one in DS that in a modeling app and then importing it. The problem with creating one in DS is the UVMapping gets warped if you change parametres, like scaling