Looking for a 'Smoke Monster' (preferably for 3Delight)

dissentrixdissentrix Posts: 70
edited March 2021 in Product Suggestions

Hi, I've perused the "Animals & Creatures" category in the store, and have not managed to find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm trying to create a scene with a shadowy/smoke-type monster, kinda like in the following screenshot (also attached, just in case):

I am aware it might be hard to see, this is a movie screenshot, I tried to up the brightness as much as possible - regardless, I hope that the sort of "smoky monster" idea I'm going for is clear enough.

So yeah, I'd like to know if any assets exist that may have something similar to this, or alternatively if a 3Delight shader of some kind enabled you to have this sort of "dark smoke" effect. I can use some of the "pw Shaders" like pwEffect or pwGhost, but none of the textures really give that "smoke" effect I'm looking for. I know Photoshop can help, to an extent, but it's not really useful for making the actual asset itself appear super smoky.

Any ideas? :P

Screenshot (197).png
846 x 890 - 299K
Post edited by dissentrix on

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

The presets that come with the pwEffect and pwGhost shaders are only examples of what they can do. The resulting textures are all procedural, so feel free to experiment with some of the parameters. The included link to the documentation is obsolete, but it is in ReadMe's/Poseworks. It is a complex shader, and even with the guide, still seems a bit like black magic to me.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

dissentrix said:

Hi, I've perused the "Animals & Creatures" category in the store, and have not managed to find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm trying to create a scene with a shadowy/smoke-type monster, kinda like in the following screenshot (also attached, just in case):

I am aware it might be hard to see, this is a movie screenshot, I tried to up the brightness as much as possible - regardless, I hope that the sort of "smoky monster" idea I'm going for is clear enough.

So yeah, I'd like to know if any assets exist that may have something similar to this, or alternatively if a 3Delight shader of some kind enabled you to have this sort of "dark smoke" effect. I can use some of the "pw Shaders" like pwEffect or pwGhost, but none of the textures really give that "smoke" effect I'm looking for. I know Photoshop can help, to an extent, but it's not really useful for making the actual asset itself appear super smoky.

Any ideas? :P

You can transform any figure you want into a smoke creature with Fluidos II (any edition). This is an example using the Ogre for Genesis 8 Male:

• Alberto said:

You can transform any figure you want into a smoke creature with Fluidos II (any edition). This is an example using the Ogre for Genesis 8 Male:

Oh, this looks like what I'm looking for. Very nice, thanks!