Cannabis dispensary and products

Now that cannabis is legal in many states, not to mention other countries, I'd like to see a legal dispensary set like we have here in LA as well as props like cannabis plants, leaves, herb/flower, joints, different edible types and paraphernalia like bongs, pipes, etc... and maybe poses using the props for GF and G8M 

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

There's still time to get it done for April 20th.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2021

Sevrin said:

There's still time to get it done for April 20th.

And exactly what is happening on 20.4?

NM, googled...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Fails rather badly in those areas where the calendar is written 20/4.

Regards,

Richard.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

richardandtracy said:

Fails rather badly in those areas where the calendar is written 20/4.

Regards,

Richard.

Like... Everywhere in the world outside USA, Philippines, Palau, Canada, and Micronesia?laugh

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

richardandtracy said:

Fails rather badly in those areas where the calendar is written 20/4.

Regards,

Richard.

The entire 420 thing comes from US legal code, so applying it to April 20th makes sense since that accords with US date format.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

I'd like to see some nice herb/flower too. 

• There is one major problem with that...

While states legalized it, the US federal government has not, especially when it comes to taxes. So, DAZ could get into trouble with the feds. Also, since the federal government hasn't allowed it, you can't use your bank card to buy the product (that's why there are ATMs in those stores)

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

shg0816_13461e8196 said:

There is one major problem with that...

While states legalized it, the US federal government has not, especially when it comes to taxes. So, DAZ could get into trouble with the feds. Also, since the federal government hasn't allowed it, you can't use your bank card to buy the product (that's why there are ATMs in those stores)

A 3D model of marijuana is not actually pot.

Long before pot was legal anywhere in the states, people were making movies about it. They had fake plants and fake buds and smoke all over the place. Or what about the still very illegal drug cocaine? There are lots of movies with fake powder, fake kilos, and all the drug accessories on full display. 

Now, from a TOS standpoint, maybe Daz doesn't want to allow anything "unwholesome" or federally illegal on their galleries and that is up to them.

But it's not actually illegal to have fake drug props for the purposes of making art. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to hack someone with a fantasy axe or sword or shoot them with an arrow either.devil

whether you are wearing DAZ Skimp with high heels or a Dforce robe cheeky

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am pretty sure you are not allowed to hack someone with a fantasy axe or sword or shoot them with an arrow either.devil

whether you are wearing DAZ Skimp with high heels or a Dforce robe cheeky

Not even in a temple? 

• defectedsaintdefectedsaint Posts: 76
    edited February 2022

I know it's been a while since this has been posted but no products, that I know of, have been released to match the request. I get it, cannabis (weed) isn't federally legal so artists/vendors might not want to promote/sell products depicting such. Cool. I have come to you with a happy medium.

Market the assets/products as Hemp/CBD, which is federally legal. You can make all the same stuff you would use for "cannabis" for hemp. After all, CBD products are literally all derived from varying strains of hemp "weed" that is grown with low, .03% or less to be exact, levels of THC but the plants look exactly the same as plants with THC. They can be plain looking, frosty, colorful, etc. Plants that provide high quality CBD products look just like plants that provide high quality THC products. Be it bud, edibles, vapes, etc.; it all looks the same and uses the same paraphernalia. So if somebody does pick this up, I'd really like some nice bongs, or water pipes if you can't call them bongs, and maybe even a Volcano vaporizer. But obviously you couldn't call it that. 

Long story short, you can make any product you might want for "cannabis". Just call all the plants/bud "hemp plants/bud" while making any derived products (gummies, vape liquids, etc.) contain "CBD" and it would be valid on all fronts without any legal repercussions. Ultimately, it's a digital product so it really shouldn't matter, but if you're looking to protect from potential legal issues, there you go. Make a bundle, I'll throw money at it. Pretty sure I wouldn't be alone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to make sure I clear any confusion and maybe give a bit of education: hemp, weed, cannabis, it's all the same plant.

"Hemp" is just cannabis with low levels of THC, grown for industurial purposes. In this case, the stalk is usually what's most important. A lot of industrial hemp grown has very small flowers and is tall and stalky. Smoking/vaping the "bud" off this would be like smoking/vaping cotton. Why do it?

"Weed" is cannabis with varying degrees of THC, grown for recreational or medicinal purposes. High quality weed would probably be considered to have at least 18% or more THC content. The flower/bud is what's most important in this case and stalks are essentially useless. Weed does contain CBD, among other things, but CBD counteracts THC so CBD levels in weed are usually moderately lower than THC levels.

"CBD" is cannabis with THC levels of .03% or lower, grown for medecinal purposes. Recreational too I suppose if you can't get any weed *shrugs*. As with weed, the flower/bud is what's important. CBD %s can vary and different strains have different kinds of CBD. Point is, it all has .03% or less THC. However, whatever products weed provides, "CBD" can provide as well.

This is an oversimplification, but it’ll do. Honestly, they just need to legalize the whole plant, but whatever, I'm here to get some assets made not spark a debate.

Post edited by defectedsaint on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

I don't think legality is the issue. Maybe there isn't a PA that is interested in creating this type of product, I know I wouldn't if I was a PA. Could also be that DAZ declined to sell this type of product if it was submitted, you never know..

• andrushuk1andrushuk1 Posts: 342
    edited February 2022

It's legal here sooo.. :P
    u can find some here ,(Renderotica Crom131's Get High 3D Cannabis MakerKit)
    not sure if it works in Daz

Edited to remove link

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • 3Don3Don Posts: 690

It is odd that Cannabis in digital form should be an issue, legal or not, wherever. Murder is a crime, war is bad. Yet there are all kinds of  digital edged weapons & firearms for sale in the Daz store.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2023

So, where are the buds? Indica, Sativa, hybrids, various flowering stages, colorful fictive stuff? 

Still hoping for an artist to make a nice assortment...obviously 100 % modelled, no opacitymaps...pretty pleaseangel

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • drucdruc Posts: 399
    edited September 2023

There are some buds on the rendo site not sure of quality and not for Daz Studio. 3 different versions.

Post edited by druc on
  • drucdruc Posts: 399

I don't think it is a Daz issue. I think, going on the very few examples, it's a vendor preference. If a vendor has no desire to make a specific model it wont be made. The site here has the above examples so obviously not banning these. And for artistic purposes have guns and bullet wounds etc. Shooting people in most cases is considered illegal.

Personally, I could render a "That '70s show" type situation  sitting around in the basement bonging on. So I add my support for some realistic props.