dForce Tube Dress

RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
edited March 2021 in Product Suggestions

I've been looking for a dforce tube dress, with a length morph.  This kind of thing but shorter, or with optional length (and black).  Anybody know of such a product?  Another example, this one with a more interesting material.

Post edited by Robinson on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Vyktohria has a dress called Lighter Than Air at Rendo you might like.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

Right idea, seems not to be figure-hugging though.  Genesis 3 had an Tube Dress, not dForce (i13).  Ideal would be something I could use with Genesis 3 as well though.

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460
    edited March 2021

This is something that is very easy for me to do and I've already just set up the "infrastructure" to do a bunch of these in a group, show some pictures of exactly the kind of cut of dress you are looking for. for comparision I just released this batch of halter dresses in varying lengths yesterday:

https://sharecg.com/v/97361/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Halter-Dress-dForce-Collection-G8F

You can make a morph for length if you really, really want to but it will crush the UV map and it doesn't help simulations run faster (it can actually make them take longer if you morph it too much) - but it's quite easy to just delete part of the skirt and leave the UVs completely intact, it only takes a few minutes to do.

nb: this would be a free item

e: incidantlly you can adjust the tightness of fit for any dynamic cloth item by changing the "contraction/expansion" setting in the surface/simulation settings.

Post edited by Squishy on

for example

It's Kristine!.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 959K

Found this "micro dress" here.  I guess I want something like this but IDK about JCMs and all that stuff.  Hmmmm.

• Well, it's free, so you are not risking anything more than time to check if it's suitable.
    edited March 2021

one of the big advantages of using dForce dynamics is you don't have to worry about weighting or JCMs at all, it's very easy to work with but it takes extra time to prepare. You can be really picky here if you want to, is that really the cut of dress you want? 

Post edited by Squishy on

it turns out dForce dresses made for G8F autoconvert to G3F perfectly fine, don't really need a different version for both figures. This is G3F wearing that dress made for G8F.

G3F.jpg
    618 x 800 - 49K

Well you didn't come back and say what cut of dress you wanted so I made whatever I felt like making which was this (actually a bunch of dresses)

Polishing it up and will have it up for download in a while

War Party.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 1M

pjzanca said:

Well you didn't come back and say what cut of dress you wanted so I made whatever I felt like making which was this (actually a bunch of dresses)

Polishing it up and will have it up for download in a while

Thanks but I did say what cut I wanted.  I posted some examples.

I mean, you posted "here's an already finished model" and .... why am I gonna duplicate a finished model? 

pjzanca said:

I mean, you posted "here's an already finished model" and .... why am I gonna duplicate a finished model? 

? OP was two product references.  I later found the kind of thing I was looking for.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

pjzanca said:

Thank you. I will try to make your dress into a tube dress by adjusting the dforce settings like you said. I didn't particularly want a tube dress but I did want to do things link dForce loose sleeves with cuffs and such things like that so it's worth learning.

Robinson said:

pjzanca said:

? OP was two product references.  I later found the kind of thing I was looking for.

I wasn't being serious, sorry