Not-so-pretty fingernails and hands

I can't believe I have to ask this, but ... are there really no options for more basic, if not realistic hands and fingernails? Tonnes of manicured, shiny, painted, pointy nail options, yet nothing for more normal non-manicured nails.

Anything from bitten nails, short or clubbed nails, longer and rough uncut nails, cracked nails, and just plain dirty nails. Rougher hands, calloused or dirty. I guess this would apply to feet as well. This would also mean options for male characters since all available shop options are distinctly feminine. ANY of those would be an easy purchase for me. 

Is there anything out there like this already? 

Comments

• SquishySquishy Posts: 460
    edited March 2021

Artists either do stuff they can sell a lot of, or stuff that they love doing, and "ordinary" stuff like this falls in a pretty unpopular spot unfortunately. You might get what you want a lot more readily if you look into just modifying existing textures yourself, adding a little bit of dirt or grunge onto a texture is easier than you think, especially if you don't need to do it everywhere.

e: and I realize you're not asking for help on how to do this, just saying this is one of those things not many artists do for DAZ characters as far as I'm aware

Post edited by Squishy on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

https://www.daz3d.com/artephius-magnus-for-ollie-8  Notice how nasty his hands are!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

This might not be much help, but Make Me Teen for Genesis 8 Female(s) | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D has chipped nail polish.  More options would be good.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

https://www.daz3d.com/cosmetics-and-poses--nails has some chipped and dirty nail stuff. I guess you could transfer the morphs to a male G8 since there's no mention of it being HD. I don't know how well nail textures transfer between genders though. Never tried it. But dirty nail options made for men would be very nice.