Compare Carrara 8.5 and ..8.5 Pro?

ADAD Posts: 396
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
can I see somewhere the different between Carrara 8.5 and Carrara 8.5 Pro?
Thank you for information.
Greetings Conny

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Previously there was a table of comparison on the site DAZ, it seems that they gave up all the softwares except Studio !

edited December 1969

I finally found on google a trace of Carrara on the site: only one price difference…
    Personally for the small price difference (for the moment), I would jump on the version “Pro”!

• ADAD Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Hello DUDU_00001,
    thank you for your answers. I bought today Carrara 8.5 Pro version.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Greetings Conny

edited December 1969

Conny1000 said:
    Hello DUDU_00001,
    thank you for your answers. I bought today Carrara 8.5 Pro version.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Greetings Conny

Good choice!
    You will not have any frustration not to have a specific option.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Here's a link to Carrara 8.5 Pro features for anybody else that comes across this thread with the same question:
    http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-8-5-pro

The big things that Carrara Pro has that the standard version does not are:
    64 bit version.
    Render Nodes for network rendering.
    More Import/Export options.
    Ocean Primitive.
    I think that Render Passes may also be a Pro feature, but I'm not 100% sure on that anymore.

There are some more Pro only features but without the comparison chart I'm not sure what they are.

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

render passes at least used to be pro only. Some of the modeling room features, like bridge, are pro only. I started on standard and didn't take long to need pro features -- should've just bought pro in the first place...

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

thoromyr said:
    render passes at least used to be pro only. Some of the modeling room features, like bridge, are pro only. I started on standard and didn't take long to need pro features -- should've just bought pro in the first place...

That is usually my advice as well. If you have a couple extra bucks, go for the Pro version.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

64-bit alone makes Pro worth getting, since you won't be constantly running out of memory and resources (standard can only access 3GB, no matter how much RAM you have installed).

I made that mistake a year ago, buying Poser10 instead of Poser2014 (and that's a lot less product for a lot more money...)

• ADAD Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for all these interesting points, in particular the differences between the various versions. Have a Merry Christmas and thank you again for the support.
    Greetings Conny