Reality 4 -- Just bought it today and can not register, so I can not use it Help Please

thrain9thrain9 Posts: 103
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought Reality 4 for windows 64 bit this morning through DAZ website and installed it with the default settings, I did not add a desktop icon. (also got the required matching LuxRender 64 bit without OpenCL program, and installed that too, also to all default locations and settings)
When I tried to access it through DAZ Studio 4.7 (64 bit), I got a "Thank you for purchasing Reality.....you must register" box popup. but....
There is NO serial number that I can find at DAZ, or on my DAZ account, or stored internally in the Reality folders, so i can't even launch the program.

1. where is the serial number?
2. will the form recognize the DAZ order number? ( it appears that the pop up assumes I bought from the Reality site...)

Thank you.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If you bought it from the DAZ 3D Store here, then the serial number should be in your My Account area under 'Serial Numbers'

My Reality 4 serial is the last on the list on that serial number page, and is listed as 'Pret-A-3D_Reality4DS'

The order number wont do, you need the serial.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Once you get the serial like JimmyC said, open DAZ and click on Render/Reality Render Editor. Reality should pop up, and If I remember correctly (it's not there in mine since it's registered), I think the option for entering the serial (or registering) is under the Help menu. I think it also wanted the order number as well, but that's also in your account information under purchases. Find the one you purchased Reality with and you use that order number.

• thrain9thrain9 Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys... I did not bother to look at the "serial Numbers" on my account, since it never had anything in it except for DAZ Studio, and I assumed that was all that would be there.

I feel dumb.
    Registered and currently getting lost in the program.. :lol:

• JimmyC, you're a star! never even knew there was a serial numbers section. Many thanks!