Dual Screen Problem Carrara 8.5 Pro

AquilaAquila Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have recently upgraded to carrara 8.5 pro finally, but I seem to be encountering a problem with multiple monitors. Carrara 8.1 worked flawlessly with my monitors (1920x1200 and 1920x1080 resolutions), but when I used the exact same settings with 8.5 I just get black screens, though works fine when set to single screen.

Anyone else encountered the same problems?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i couldn't get the dual monitor feature to work. was impossible to use.

couldn't figure out how to undock the library to manually drag it to 2nd monitor :down:

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I think it is Command and drag. I'll have to test it tomorrow. As to C8.5 issues, I can't help because I use C7.2 Pro.

• AquilaAquila Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

In single screen I have no problem undocking, its just that i get a totally black screen when set to dual screen.

Here's a screen shot, I get a couple of icon from the vertical tool bar show, the time shows, and at the top if i click on assemble, tools, storyboard etc.. they just glow yellow as shown.

Carrara-dual-screen-problem.jpg
    2000 x 625 - 25K
    edited December 2014

Aquila77 said:
    In single screen I have no problem undocking, its just that i get a totally black screen when set to dual screen.

Here's a screen shot, I get a couple of icon from the vertical tool bar show, the time shows, and at the top if i click on assemble, tools, storyboard etc.. they just glow yellow as shown.

Sorry. I should have clarified that better. I meant my response as an answer to Misty's question.

I can't test or try anything with C8.5 as I don't have it. I use C7.2 Pro and dual monitor works fine for me.

This came up before, but I don't recall the fix. You could try a forum or a google search for the issue.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • AquilaAquila Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

yeah i got what you were saying, thanks anyway bud. :-)

Tried searching and tried some of the suggestions, but to no avail.

Think i'll just return it and wait for version 9 to come out as i'm not that bothered about genesis anyway and only got it as it was on heavy discount

edited December 1969

Sorry we couldn't help you with it. Have you tried to file a support ticket?

• mikael-aronssonmikael-aronsson Posts: 549
    edited December 1969

Hi!

I have no problem at all with two monitors (Windows 64 bit, different resolution 1920x1080 and 1024x768), works perfect with both 8.5 pro and 8.5 pro beta.

I just set full screen and clicked on both monitors in the General preferences tab, restarted, clicked on the arrow on the property tab to undock it and then drag it to second screen, then ctrl+click on "title" bar in library and it undocked and could be dragged to second screen.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Dual screen not working here as well. The lower part of the screen is on both screens black on Win7 64 /w Cararra 8.5 64.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i tried control-drag.