Video recording/Tutorial of Bouncing Ball Character

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited December 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Guys ,
I did a bit of a recording/tutorial of keyframe animating a bouncing ball which is at the Carrarators website tutorial page. The tutorial covers the complete project from start to finish and I cover the graph editor, keyframing, modeling and texturing of a simple character. It is the tutorial in the bottom right corner of the Tutorial Page and titled "bouncing ball" or something similar.
I hope you find this useful.

http://bond3d.wix.com/carrarators#!tips-howto/c8mx

Post edited by mmoir on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 2014

Talk about going above and beyond!
    Mr. Moir explains, at the very beginning, that he's not really doing a tutorial, he's actually just having us watch him create an animation.
    LOL!!!
    He does it like everything he does... above and beyond, with cool tips and tricks galore!
    This is what got me addicted to his products, too. His read me tutorials that he includes are fantastic!
    Beyond that, I'd go through the folders that install with the product (in the past, DAZ used to produce installers for every product. So for Carrara products, I'd install them to my desktop so that I could see where everything goes), and found it very interesting - all of the image files that he produces and provides... and then the wonderful tutorial information... just wonderful.

Anyways... out of my rant about how much of a Mike Moir fan I am, here's what I really came here to say:
    Please, if you are new (or veteran) to animating or even if you only have a slight (or higher, of course) interest in seeing techniques that go into animation, do yourself a favor and take a half hour out of your day to watch the entirety of this excellent video!

In true Mike Moir tradition, he doesn't just demonstrate how to make a simple bouncing ball animation, which he offers wonderful advice on how to use the wonderful (I really love it!) graph editor in Carrara 8.5, he also goes into (as always) shader creation methods, modeling techniques, and just does a beautiful job of demonstrating how to produce the entire scene and animation from start to finish.

Thanks for this truly entertaining and enlightening film, Mike. I really enjoyed it!

mmoir-bbtv-finalanim-ss.jpg
    1368 x 768 - 135K
    mmoir-bbtv-paintshader-ss.jpg
    1368 x 768 - 529K
    mmoir-bbtv-chiris-ss.jpg
    1368 x 768 - 626K
    mmoir-bbtv-gedit-ss.jpg
    1368 x 768 - 629K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited December 2014

Dartanbeck,

Thanks, I enjoyed making the video. Yes, I guess this video is pretty much the same style as my Modeling tutorials I have done in the past , oh well. :)

Post edited by mmoir on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

mmoir said:
    Dartanbeck,

Thanks, I enjoyed making the video. Yes, I guess this video is pretty much the same style as my Modeling tutorials I have done in the past , oh well. :)

'Oh well' Nothing! It's Cool!!!