Punchable Items?

rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Looking at promotion content items in the shop I am confused.

Not quite sure I understand the punchable bit.

Today the punch meter indicates 0/15 = ?

Then there is the bit abot 60% off the price of the artists content at the bottom of the page..with purchase?
Does that mean one of the punchable items (or what I think is punchable)?

Does that mean you must buy one of the items that appears to be punchable and then you can buy another item from one of the artists at the bottom of the page for 60% discount, or can you buy more than one item from several of those artists?

I searched on punchable and found no explanations that explains it clearly.

Yes, I realize I can go through the process in the store and possibly learn. The problem is there are often final price calculations that are not available until you are at a place in the buying process where you have already basically bought and paid.

Maybe there is a link to a complete explanation somewhere I've not found. Anyway, thought I might buy some content on the last day of the year.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2014

Buy one of today's punchable items to trigger the discounts on the other products. They must all be in the cart at the same time. AFAIK there is no limit as to how many additional items you can buy

Post edited by Chohole on
  • rampart_1576840087rampart_1576840087 Posts: 504
    edited December 1969

Very good, I appreciate the fast reply.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Alembic exporter for DAZ seems to be punched as well. $26

• lenwilderlenwilder Posts: 188
    edited December 1969

aspin said:
    Alembic exporter for DAZ seems to be punched as well. $26

What is Alembic exporter. I noticed it was priced regular 89.95... pretty expensive must be something good.

Maybe, since I plan to take Daz3d, Bryce and Carrara files into iclone for video production it could be important?

If so, maybe if it can be purchased for $26 it is probably a bargain.

• aspinaspin Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Right now it is not supported by iClone. Maybe with 3DXChange6.

• SpeculativismSpeculativism Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

I'm also confused by the term "punchable". Today's email said "45% off all 2014 releases when you buy any punchable item(s)" and "50% off for PC Plus members" - so I put one of the "punchable" items in the cart (FW Jennie HD for Belle 6) and then added a 2014 release item to the cart (Reality 4 for Daz Studio) and then I went to the cheackout expecting to get 50% off of the total. Nothing happened. The discount didn't appear. What does "punchable" actually mean?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

I'm also confused by the term "punchable". Today's email said "45% off all 2014 releases when you buy any punchable item(s)" and "50% off for PC Plus members" - so I put one of the "punchable" items in the cart (FW Jennie HD for Belle 6) and then added a 2014 release item to the cart (Reality 4 for Daz Studio) and then I went to the cheackout expecting to get 50% off of the total. Nothing happened. The discount didn't appear. What does "punchable" actually mean?

It doesn't apply to new releases (items less than 60 days old).

• SpeculativismSpeculativism Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

OK thanks, I didn't know the timespan for "new release".