LAMH (Look At My Hair) manual???

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318
edited January 2015 in The Commons

OK, I'd played with the LAMH Player (free) and figured out how it uses templates and how to change a few parameters (color, density, etc.). Cool! Very cool!

So I install the 32-bit ad 64-bit full version ($49) into my Studio4.7.0.12 and can't see any difference in operation or features. :-(

How do I apply new hair to surfaces?

Most importantly, how do I even know that it's installed and operating properly? The "Help-->About Installed Plugins" shows both the free version and the full version of LAMH as OK (green symbol) but the LAMH dialog tab doesn't look any different than the free version did.

Where's the manual? The only document I could find was for the free player version.

Help!! :-(

I run on Windows7-Pro and I always run the 64-bit version of Studio.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• JarelJarel Posts: 18
    edited December 1969
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

OK, I'd played with the LAMH Player (free) and figured out how it uses templates and how to change a few parameters (color, density, etc.). Cool! Very cool!

So I install the 32-bit ad 64-bit full version ($49) into my Studio4.7.0.12 and can't see any difference in operation or features. :-(

How do I apply new hair to surfaces?

Most importantly, how do I even know that it's installed and operating properly? The "Help-->About Installed Plugins" shows both the free version and the full version of LAMH as OK (green symbol) but the LAMH dialog tab doesn't look any different than the free version did.

Where's the manual? The only document I could find was for the free player version.

Help!! :-(

I run on Windows7-Pro and I always run the 64-bit version of Studio.

Make sure to uninstall the LAMH Free Player, otherwise none of the full LAMH version features will be available. If you need support, you can email us directly at '[email protected]'.
    Cheers

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318
    edited December 1969

Thank you but when I examine that manual it says to "Once the plugin is installed, execute it from the DAZStudio “New Look at
    my Hair Object...” menu item
    ." The problem is I have no such menu item. See attached image.

capture_01142015_165559.jpg
    746 x 881 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Thank you but when I examine that manual it says to "Once the plugin is installed, execute it from the DAZStudio “New Look at
    my Hair Object...” menu item
    ." The problem is I have no such menu item. See attached image.

That's right, as I said that happens because you have still installed the LAMH Player. Remove it, and instead of the 'Attach LAMH Preset' you will get the 'Create new LAMH object' menu link.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318
    edited December 1969

Thank you, problem fixed. But I can see I've got a lot of learning to do to feel comfortable with the full version. The "Player" was so much easier but not if you wanted to make furry mushrooms or plush armadillos! 8-O

edited December 1969

Thank you, problem fixed. But I can see I've got a lot of learning to do to feel comfortable with the full version. The "Player" was so much easier but not if you wanted to make furry mushrooms or plush armadillos! 8-O

Indeed, the full version requires experimenting and trial. Please check out these video tutorials, those should hopefully help you to get started: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_JdHHW5yFwbqeq6aJzKtfEdbpt9k4HY6

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the info. I was trying to do an idea last night, and had trouble getting the manual to download, or finding all of the videos. These links will help.

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    Thank you for the info. I was trying to do an idea last night, and had trouble getting the manual to download, or finding all of the videos. These links will help.

You're welcome. Remember that whenever you need support or hints, you can also email us directly. Cheers

• kittydesignskittydesigns Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

hello
    I buy the plugin Look at My hair
    I would like activat , I have the serial number but I don't the activate code
    when I click on the link , it said: address not found
    How can I get my code acivation
    please

edited December 1969

hello
    I buy the plugin Look at My hair
    I would like activat , I have the serial number but I don't the activate code
    when I click on the link , it said: address not found
    How can I get my code acivation
    please

Hello, I've sent you instructions by email!