Rendering Seamless Textures

StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

so, in simple terms:

New Scene, Empty Scene (30ft), make 'Plane', set to 0,0,0 if not, Camera 1, make isometric, set scale 500%, set position "top", Render Tab, Output size '256x256' or some other square, apply shader as desired. Render.

some you can get to be seamless on their own, others can be post processed to be seamless.

here are examples:

everything was made in carrara, with a bit of post processing on a couple of tiles.

Id love to share some formulas for seamless tiles that can be rendered in carrara this way.

For making games, the ability to go big or small is really handy for making basic tiles. For 3d, making base textures is equally as useful.

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

You're talking about the rock texture I assume?

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

the trees, the sky, david, all of the rock textures, the grass textures, the snow. all in carrara,

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Oh yeah. I figured the trees and other stuff was Carrara, but I was referring to the rock as the tiling textures. I wasn't sure about the trees. I know they're duplicates but I wasn't sure how you handled them- such as sprites grouped together.

• StorytellerStoryteller Posts: 80
    edited December 1969

yeah I rendered one (of each kind of tree) and copied. each of the rock textures was done using this method. went through a bunch of iterations to get those, I also used a texture processor on a couple. as I go further, Id like to start a repository of basic texture/shaders that can be permuted into useful textures.