Hi

garbanzolasvegasgarbanzolasvegas Posts: 53
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi everyone its been years since I have used carrara and been on here.

Could some please tell me what the least version of Carrara Pro 8.5 is..

Has Daz fixed the Quicktime rendering bug?

Thanks

Comments

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

Hi,

8.5.0.243 official release

8.5.1.12 beta release candidate

Quicktime 32 bit only.

rk.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

It's better to use image sequences anyway, both for memory handling or in case Carrara crashes or there's a power outage or something. Then you can at least recover the portion of the scene that has been rendered and continue from where it left off.

Quicktime Pro can compile them very easily.

• garbanzolasvegasgarbanzolasvegas Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

It's better to use image sequences anyway, both for memory handling or in case Carrara crashes or there's a power outage or something. Then you can at least recover the portion of the scene that has been rendered and continue from where it left off.

I will guess that is a NO to my question if adz as fixed that Quicktime issue.

Seems every new version of Carrara Something else dosent work

edited December 1969

The Quicktime issue is with the 64 bit C8.5. The 32 bit version works. This is kind of an Apple issue as well as a DAZ issue. Quicktime is 32 bit, and not 64 bit. This is despite the fact that Apple actually introduced a 64 bit architecture to the public at large way back in 2003.

• garbanzolasvegasgarbanzolasvegas Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

The Quicktime issue is with the 64 bit C8.5. The 32 bit version works. This is kind of an Apple issue as well as a DAZ issue. Quicktime is 32 bit, and not 64 bit. This is despite the fact that Apple actually introduced a 64 bit architecture to the public at large way back in 2003.

Yes I have read all this. I guess I have to restart my machine use 32 bit instead of 64 bit which then will be a lot slower rendering.. I must assume

edited December 1969

...or use image sequences in 64 bit which will render faster....