ArchiTools for Carrara - Serial Number not persistent

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Carrara 8.5 Pro asks for ArchiTools serial number every time I open a scene.

Does anyone know how to get it to accept the serial number or do I send it back?

cheers,
Andrew

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Try right-clicking the Carrara 8.5 icon to open, and 'run as administrator'. It will still likely ask for the SN again, but after you input it as an admin it should remember it thereafter, if I'm remember how I did it correctly.

• edited December 1969

I've tried "Run as administrator" already. I have also tried using it after I've entered the serial number and saving the .car file both as an administrator and a non-privileged user.

My past experience with software that behaves this way is that I just don't use it since I have to dig up the serial number or the installation media all the time.

I will see if anyone can come up with something in the next couple of days...and if not see if I can get my money back.

Thanks for the reply :-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Maybe the plugin author has a solution? I don't have the product, but from what I have seen, most Carrara plugin developers are very quick to respond and offer help.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited January 2015

I've tried "Run as administrator" already. I have also tried using it after I've entered the serial number and saving the .car file both as an administrator and a non-privileged user.

My past experience with software that behaves this way is that I just don't use it since I have to dig up the serial number or the installation media all the time.

I will see if anyone can come up with something in the next couple of days...and if not see if I can get my money back.

Thanks for the reply :-)

The only thing I can figure is that you are logging onto your computer as an user with restricted administration privileges. This happens when people have children or others who use the same computer or are on a network that restricts use of a particular software or some features of a particular software.

If you made administrative rights on saved files, then later started the software with the restricted files without administrator privileges, then you are starting at the lowest level of administration with fewer or no privileges for that particular software.

My recommendation if it is your computer and you are the administrator, always install all software as the administrator (which includes plug-ins), so there won't be any issues to accessing the software or certain features of the software.

Post edited by Design Acrobat on
  • edited December 1969

@evilproducer - I have raised a support request with the plugin author.
    @Design Acrobat - I have local administrator rights on the desktop (Win7 Pro).

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

@evilproducer - I have raised a support request with the plugin author.
    @Design Acrobat - I have local administrator rights on the desktop (Win7 Pro).

Check out this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8696/

• edited December 1969

I have tried uninstalling with DIM and doing a manual install after downloading the install image directly. No improvement, still get the serial number prompt.

Absolutely no response from the developer so far.