Any way to do Crowds via Some Product or easily with Some Billboard method?

nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there some package or some easy way to do billboards of crowds. I prefer billboards, because i want lots of crowds .

Is there any way to do this? I think there was method to do it in DAZ 3. you had to create the image and then the inverse image with black and white but it was kind of tedious. Are there some already prepared and package and sold as a product ? or some kind of crowd product.
mainly standing, walking, conversation types, sitting too.

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited December 1969

There is M.O.M. Crowd Generator over at Rendo:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=71815

Charlie

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931
    edited January 2015

There is M.O.M. Crowd Generator over at Rendo:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=71815

Charlie

Yeah MOM is not so great for me. The poses of the men and women are too like weird like they showing off . not naturall, it's like they're models. And also they just have standing ones. No sitting.

I guess i can just make my own. I did it before but i forgot how. I have to make an inverse image (black white)of my main image and then in the Surface tab insert both the Main image and the inverse image and do something..i forgot.

Do you know?

PS. How do i know about MOM? I had bought that product before :)

Post edited by nokoteb99 on
    edited December 1969

OH I was reading about it and it says you can even edit it to use your own images. it has template. Nice. I'm gonna use it :)

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

you can make new figures by saving your render as a PNG and using photo editing software to fit the figure to the template, then use the same image to generate a transparency map so the figure is white, the background is black.
    There is also a script from Casual that will turn all billboards to the camera so they look less like billboards, the problem is when you render them close or large it's very obvious they are flat, the upside is they take almost no resources to make a quick crowd somewhere in your scene.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

export figures as obj hiding bits covered by clothing then reimport as props
    use instances to get more

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 912
    edited January 2015

They're very primitive, but there is the bleacher crowd from Renderosity. (stand up, sit down, raise left hand, raise right hand)
    Most these in the picture are instances. (toon render)

Lecture_Hall.jpg
    800 x 600 - 386K
    Post edited by MarcCCTx on
    edited December 1969

Hi Guys. Thanks for your help.

HOw exactly do i make an inverse image out of a colored render?
    I have Photoshop elements ( program) and i do Filters/Invert but that leaves chracters colored with various gray gradients....
    it doesn't make the whole character completely white which is what i want.

So how do i make the characters completely white aside from doing it by Lassoing and cutting?

Image #1
    I looked in the MOM Textures and they have their invert images with perfectly white characters over a black background.

Image #2
    This image is if i do Filter/Invert in PS Elements but it's not exactly what i want.

bbbbb.png
    307 x 278 - 55K
    aaaa.png
    613 x 156 - 72K
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2015

nokoteb99 said:
    Hi Guys. Thanks for your help.

HOw exactly do i make an inverse image out of a colored render?
    I have Photoshop elements ( program) and i do Filters/Invert but that leaves chracters colored with various gray gradients....
    it doesn't make the whole character completely white which is what i want.

So how do i make the characters completely white aside from doing it by Lassoing and cutting?

Image #1
    I looked in the MOM Textures and they have their invert images with perfectly white characters over a black background.

Image #2
    This image is if i do Filter/Invert in PS Elements but it's not exactly what i want.

I have Photoshop CS6, it may be slightly different but first I convert to grayscale
    Image>Mode>Grayscale

then adjust the levels
    Image>Adjustment>Levels

there are three sliders on the bottom for white point, mid point and dark point, in addition to those there are 3 eye droppers that will include or add levels to black or white.

alternatively if you use a alpha Chanel (transparent) background you could "magic wand" the background, invert and saturate the figure (levels or paint bucket or brush) so it's all white, then invert again and fill the background with black.

Again, this assumes PSElements has functionality like Creative Suite/Cloud.

more on levels
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJlx7ODc-dE

Post edited by StratDragon on