if we ever get a David 6... please make him handsome

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited January 2015 in Product Suggestions

David 5 was such a disappointment.

I mean, here is a much lower poly male from a video game. He's stunning! Why can't David be? Even Lee 6 was a disappointment. I can point you to dozens of totally hot asian men if you need good reference.

I know, I'm nitpicking. I just love these products so much and want to not be disappointed as I have been. Come on, folks, if you don't personally find men hot, work on the women figures. We need someone with great taste and a passion for men to work on the men! Make david blow my mind!

07WS49Y.jpg
854 x 617 - 166K
Post edited by Ademnus on

Comments

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

D5 looked constantly drunk if you ask me.

However, his morphs - Neo, Sean and so on - are one of the best 3D men ever. Remember there was no HD back then and yet they look fabulous. The screenshot you're showing looks like one of FWArt's boys.

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I would love to see a David 6. To be honest I have been wondering why we have NOT seen him.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

D5 looked constantly drunk if you ask me.

However, his morphs - Neo, Sean and so on - are one of the best 3D men ever. Remember there was no HD back then and yet they look fabulous. The screenshot you're showing looks like one of FWArt's boys.

The only ones I remotely cared for were Sean and Gunner. The rest were horrendous.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Daikatana said:
    I would love to see a David 6. To be honest I have been wondering why we have NOT seen him.

Maybe because DAZ have not enough clothes and poses for Gen2Males to create a Starter-, Pro- and MegaBundle ( hate this bundle-sellings)

• DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Daikatana said:

Maybe because DAZ have not enough clothes and poses for Gen2Males to create a Starter-, Pro- and MegaBundle ( hate this bundle-sellings)

The bundle selling is actually not a bad thing. Every time I think I should just get the base figure and cherry-pick some few items from the release I find that I would pay less just getting the bundle with the items I want in it.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Daikatana said:
    Daikatana said:

The bundle selling is actually not a bad thing. Every time I think I should just get the base figure and cherry-pick some few items from the release I find that I would pay less just getting the bundle with the items I want in it.

Yesd, i wish we could assemble our own bundles from a menu. 1 figure + 2 hair + 3 outfits + 1 pose set for pro, etc

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited February 2015

I actually didn't mind David 5 too much, his body and face were alright in small amounts, but yes, his content was perfectly well worth the Pro Bundle purchase!

But yes, with all the "Real World" figures that dominate Gen 6, it's surprising that we a new Teen, Young Teen, Tank, and Ethnic character, but no classics like David.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I actually didn't mind David 5 too much, his body and face were alright in small amounts, but yes, his content was perfectly well worth the Pro Bundle purchase!

But yes, with all the "Real World" figures that dominate Gen 6, it's surprising that we a new Teen, Young Teen, Tank, and Ethnic character, but no classics like David.

Yup. I'd say it is a bit strange. However, even more surprising is that we don't have H6 - I can imagine DAZ saying that you can custom-dial a younger Mike, but Hiro would be difficult.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Who said Lee 6 was ever intended to look "totally hot"? :) I like how he looks! Besides, there are a metric ton of characters and shape morphs for Lee 6. Should be something up your proverbial alley with some of those! :-) Mei Lin didn't quite have the look I was needing for female Asian characters, but after getting her in a discount sale, I found a couple of characters based upon her who were what I was looking for (or at least, close enough to use as a base and then dial in the rest).

Personally, sex appeal doesn't really factor into my decisions on whether to purchase a new figure for their shape and/or skin. I mean, I wouldn't have thought Heroine would necessarily win the popular vote for sexiest girl in the store, but I love her appearance because she has oodles of character and, of course, that allows me to dial in a certain percentage of her aggressive appearance when required. Same reason why I rate SMay's Boris over Daz's own Gianni 6.

As for game stuff, it really depends on the customisation interface. I don't own 'EVE Online', but the videos I've seen of its character customisation make the visual results look mind-blowingly impressive! I do, however, own the second/third 'Mass Effect' games and have managed to give female characters a certain look I haven't quite been able to achieve with genesis or G2F, for some reason. Same goes for the fourth 'Saints Row' game, which has a beautifully diverse array of visual options, to make a character look as realistic or extreme as you like.

And, weirdly, even though the character creation section of 'Second Life' is still relatively basic, I managed to get a really effective look on there which I still haven't quite been able to replicate in Daz Studio, either.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

I use Gunner a lot not the base D5 so much

edited February 2015

Yup. I'd say it is a bit strange. However, even more surprising is that we don't have H6 - I can imagine DAZ saying that you can custom-dial a younger Mike, but Hiro would be difficult.
    I don't even buy any of that "you don't need a new <"DAZ Iconic Character"> because you can dial-in <"PA Morph Set"> to <"Base Character"> " cop-out anymore with all the incrementally different sub-genre females we now have. If we can have morphs like Fitness, Body Builder, Voluptuous, Youth Scale, Chest/Glute Size, Ethnic Faces, etc. and still get characters like Gia, Olympia, Teen Josie, Lilith, Mei Lin, and even get further derivations like Belle and Keiko, we can get more official males going on here besides the usual Hero, Teen, Tank, Lean, Youth ensemble (and no, Creature Creators and Monstrosities don't count). But indeed, even with all of that aside, Hiro 6 is a fundamental must.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

LOL, "please make him handsome" :) I liked David 3 and I like David 5 as well. I think he looks completely different than any other male character we've seen from DAZ. But, to each their own. I can certainly understand that he didn't appeal to everyone :)

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    LOL, "please make him handsome" :) I liked David 3 and I like David 5 as well. I think he looks completely different than any other male character we've seen from DAZ. But, to each their own. I can certainly understand that he didn't appeal to everyone :)

Oh, I LOVE David 3! More so than David 5, truth be told. He has the nice, smooth, real-world leanness that I like to see in everyday guys! :cheese:
    Mark_3.jpg
    638 x 696 - 267K