Kimberly hair is not magnetizing

souji_monarusouji_monaru Posts: 51

So, I loaded Kimberly into Daz Studio 4.6, loaded her hair, but when I try to pose her, the hair stays exactly where it was loaded.

I parent it, and again, it stays where it first loaded. I notice when I use hair morphs for it that the hair will appear on the head where it's
posed but then snap back into the zero position again directly after morphing it. This only happens to her default hair...

Anyone with knowledge of this kind of thing able to help me out? I've searched Google and as 100% usual there's zero answers there.

Thanks!

Comments

• souji_monarusouji_monaru Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Okay, so I found out I needed to parent the hair to the head, as it wouldn't work if parented merely to the base figure...

• Not working for me. Not even parenting to other parts. Not working with other models either. Her hair is just hanging there in the air.

• Just noting, this is the 3DUniverse character, Kimberly and her hair, right?

• Yes, 3DUniverse Kimberly. What I found is that when loading that character, hair, clothing, anything, everything is fine until you load a pose or move her any way, the hair acts weird, it just gets out of normal position. Then, only when moving a slider to make any modification the hair gets on her head as it would normally be. As soon as you let go of the slider, the hair gets back to just hang there in the air. Everything else is perfect.

Would it have something to do with graphics? I am running Windows 10 with GTX 970.

Just noting, this is the 3DUniverse character, Kimberly and her hair, right?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

That does sound like a graphics problem.  Can you update the driver?  If not, try going to Edit > Preferences > Interface and trying different settings for "Display Optimization".

• I just did this again a minute ago, and you really do have to parent the hair to the head part inside of Genesis to get Kimberly's hair to pose properly.

It just doesn't work for me otherwise, but I did it just now and used her surfboard pose and it worked correctly...