Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.20.0.17! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 148
    edited December 2021

With the latest beta, I noticed a repeatable ctd behavior:

For a G8 figure (doesn't matter which one) with a tilted neck on a 30 frame timeline;

1- Load next dforce hair from my smart content.

2- Simulate it for the timeline range

3- Delete hair.

4- Goto step 1.

After 5th or 6th hair, Daz crashes while simulating (or trying to render, either of two). My two cents is for undo stack getting too big for deleted simulated dforce hairs.

P.S: I have my daz directory and dazstudio process (along with its helper processes) whitelisted in windows defender for a long time already.

Access violation.png
    360 x 60 - 7K
    Post edited by Dolce Saito on
  • Dolce Saito said:

With the latest beta, I noticed a repeatable ctd behavior:

For a G8 figure (doesn't matter which one) with a tilted neck on a 30 frame timeline;

1- Load next dforce hair from my smart content.

2- Simulate it for the timeline range

3- Delete hair.

4- Goto step 1.

After 5th or 6th hair, Daz crashes while simulating (or trying to render, either of two). My two cents is for undo stack getting too big for deleted simulated dforce hairs.

P.S: I have my daz directory and dazstudio process (along with its helper processes) whitelisted in windows defender for a long time already.

No, that crash seems related to GUI, probably some event handling with a dash of null pointer somewhere.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,968

Sent another report about the five-years-old bugs that still pesters DAZ Studio. Let's see if anything changes.

I'm really sick of being stuck on 4.12.0.86 due to those bugs. sad

• With Google Translate

If you have a known problem, skip it.

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

I tried reinstalling, but it was the same.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,122

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

I'm not having this issue.

Here is a screen shot of Georgina, a G8F character in the vewiport with the iray preview running when I started the Morph loader Pro.

No crash for me.

Can you please attach your Daz Studio log file to your next post.

In DS on the top tool bar click 

Help>Troubleshooting>View log file 

Morph loader test.jpg
    2553 x 1017 - 410K
  • IceCrMn said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

Here is a screen shot of Georgina, a G8F character in the vewiport with the iray preview running when I started the Morph loader Pro.

No crash for me.

With google translate

Submit the log file.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

Latest G8 releases are broken, try using an older package, perhaps it helps.

I'm on the package previous the launch of the Face Transfer and everything "works fine", chars loads in seconds with lots of morphs and I can add more whenever I want.

• Imago said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

I'm on the package previous the launch of the Face Transfer and everything "works fine", chars loads in seconds with lots of morphs and I can add more whenever I want.

With google translate

I returned in July of this year and had been retired for a long time until then.
    I don't have old resources.

But your advice is very grateful

Thanks

tanutanu said:

IceCrMn said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

No crash for me.

With google translate

Submit the log file.

Thank you.

I'm not seeing the crash in the log.

I am unable to reproduce it myself.

Imago said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

What do you mean by "broken"?

I use the ones I have everyday without issue. Not all 210 of them of course, but 2 or 3 different ones each day.

Also custom versions of several I dial spun myself.

Could you be more specific?

IceCrMn said:

Imago said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

What do you mean by "broken"?

I use the ones I have everyday without issue. Not all 210 of them of course, but 2 or 3 different ones each day.

Also custom versions of several I dial spun myself.

Could you be more specific?

Sure.

I have about 2000 morphs installed, both commercial and custom, for G8 and my chars loads in literally four seconds. I hear of people who have to wait ten minutes with two morphs installed.
    In the new release, the posing is slow and painful (along with the horrible rig that haunts G8), stuttery and imprecise, it's like the interface is at 2 frames per second. With the old release I can grab a foot and see the movement smooth and precise.
    I reported this issue a couple of times, no one seemed to be interested.

Load times have been the subject of much conversion here.

There are many threads covering it.

The more characters and morphs you have for G8, the longer it will take to load any G8 character.

Several of those threads have had users post scripts and apps to selectively move unused morphs and characters out of the library to decrease load times.

On average it takes my system around 1min to load any of the characters I have.

Not sure how many morphs I have, morphs folder for G8F  says it has 9,312 files totaling 5.78GB

I have 210 G8F/G8.1F characters installed.

I agree, I would like lower load times also.

• uxxxkuxxxk Posts: 0

for daz studio 4.16 pro version when loading basic g8f character   "olivia.duf couldnt be found" message box appears on the screen and when you save and exit you can not open that file again

if you try to open that file daz studio gives same message and closes in other words crushes

I'm pretty sure that if that were happening to everyone the server the forums are hosted on would literally be on fire from all the incoming posts.

Sounds like you have a badly configured Olivia character preset installed.

Or your basic g8f preset has somehow been altered.

How do I know this?

Because I use G8F characters almost exclusively.Including the basic version.I sometimes use my older characters, but it's getting less and less.

One of my favorite pass-times is to load the basic version then use the sliders to dial in a custom character.

I don't have any Olivia characters for the G8 line of characters.

I do for G3, but I'm not having any issues that I've noticed from her.

You could start a thread, post your log file, link to which Olivia you installed, and maybe some else that does have that character could offer some help.

I would start by uninstalling the Olivia character then deleting the basic g8f preset you have installed to make sure it's gone and last reinstalling the "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" package in DIM to replace that basic g8f preset.

• IceCrMn said:

tanutanu said:

IceCrMn said:

tanutanu said:

With Google Translate

Launch daz studio.
    Load G8F.
    Launch Morph loader Pro.
    daz studio crashes.

No crash for me.

With google translate

Submit the log file.

Thank you.

I'm not seeing the crash in the log.

I am unable to reproduce it myself.

With Google Translate

After all, daz studio crashed in the same way.
    And so is log.

The Windows "Event Veiwer" app may have recorded the crash.

Search for it in the start menu and run it as adminstrator.

In the veiwer Click Windows logs>Applications

Select the first event at the top of the list and press CTRL+F to bring up the find search.

Doesn't matter what the event is.

This is just the starting point for the search.

Type Daz in the find to search for Daz Studio related entries.

• IceCrMn said:

The Windows "Event Veiwer" app may have recorded the crash.

Search for it in the start menu and run it as adminstrator.

In the veiwer Click Windows logs>Applications

Select the first event at the top of the list and press CTRL+F to bring up the find search.

Doesn't matter what the event is.

This is just the starting point for the search.

Type Daz in the find to search for Daz Studio related entries.

Thanks for your advice.

I found Windows Error Reporting about daz studio and reported it to daz.

• I am very sorry, but I don’t know where to ask ... How to make the filament work in parallel on mac os, if possible ...

• olegov.nsk_e159069e49 said:

I am very sorry, but I don’t know where to ask ... How to make the filament work in parallel on mac os, if possible ...

It isn't currently supported.

• Ouch... I mean Windows in the Parallels virtual machine on a mac os

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,127

So... anyone have an M1 Mac they wanna try native Iray rendering on?

• I have a couple of M1 Macs here.

Installed DS 4.16.1.17 on the M1 MacBook Air.

Iray rendering seems good, but I use ghostlights (2) and an HDRI for my portrait scenes.  The ghostlights don't provide enough illumination now, so my saved scenes are way underlit.

I need to skim through the forums and catch up on how to get ghostlights working well enough to do any Iray rendering.  Luckily, I opted to install the beta on my test M1 Mac. :)

Will report back if I figure out the ghostlights issue.

Lee

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,127

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I have a couple of M1 Macs here.

Iray rendering seems good, but I use ghostlights (2) and an HDRI for my portrait scenes.  The ghostlights don't provide enough illumination now, so my saved scenes are way underlit.

I need to skim through the forums and catch up on how to get ghostlights working well enough to do any Iray rendering.  Luckily, I opted to install the beta on my test M1 Mac. :)

Lee

Mind adding a benchmark pass or two on the M1 to the Benchmarking thread? Very curious to see how it measures up.

• RayDAnt said:

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

I have a couple of M1 Macs here.

Lee

Mind adding a benchmark pass or two on the M1 to the Benchmarking thread? Very curious to see how it measures up.

Sure thing, RayDAnt.  I need to get my ghostlights issue resolved first, so it may be a while before I get around to running the Iray benchmark scene.

Lee

• leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Sure thing, RayDAnt.  I need to get my ghostlights issue resolved first, so it may be a while before I get around to running the Iray benchmark scene.

Lee

Ghostlights work, they just need cranking up.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

olegov.nsk_e159069e49 said:

Ouch... I mean Windows in the Parallels virtual machine on a mac os

Sorry, not at my machine at the moment, but select "Filament" in the Renderstyles drop down menu  in the Viewport, and in the Render Settings choose "Viewport".

Hope that helps.

-- Walt Sterdan

• leemoon_c43b45a114leemoon_c43b45a114 Posts: 845
    edited December 2021

I'm attempting to use the ghostlights I created in earlier versions of DS.

For my ghostlight(s), I have a primitive plane with a black texture map in the cutout opacity slot with the cutout opacity parameter set to 1.0

Emission color is 1,1,1

Emission Temp (K) is 8725

Emission Profile is None

Luminance is 625

Luminance Units is kcd/m^2

These ghostlight settings have been working great for me.  With the updated Iray engine, no matter what I've been setting Luminance to, there's no change in intensity.  The scene is only getting illumination from my environment HDRI (set at a low intensity as general fill light/global illumination.). My ghostlights are the primary lights: one main fill light and an instance of it as a rim light.  These are parented to and set to point at a null object in the middle of the scene at approximately neck height for a standard character.

I'm having trouble getting my head around adjusting the ghostlight(s) to get the illumination I had before.  I was getting great render speed with my scene setup.

Anyway, I'm still poking around in the forums looking for something that I can adapt for my particular use case.

Lee

Post edited by leemoon_c43b45a114 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 2021

This is infuriating, these last 3 betas had the same viewport bug from long ago where no matter what scene it would slow down to 2FPS making it completely unusable and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one having this BUG, that is fast becoming a feature!

I have the latest studio drivers and have not changed my system settings as earlier versions of the previous 3 betas do not have this &*%^#5!! issue, seriously I know I'm not the only one with this bug!

I cannot even TEST this version as it is completely unusable!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • VEGAVEGA Posts: 86

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

For my ghostlight(s), I have a primitive plane with a black texture map in the cutout opacity slot with the cutout opacity parameter set to 1.0

Emission color is 1,1,1

Emission Profile is None

Luminance is 625

These ghostlight settings have been working great for me.  With the updated Iray engine, no matter what I've been setting Luminance to, there's no change in intensity.  The scene is only getting illumination from my environment HDRI (set at a low intensity as general fill light/global illumination.). My ghostlights are the primary lights: one main fill light and an instance of it as a rim light.  These are parented to and set to point at a null object in the middle of the scene at approximately neck height for a standard character.

I'm having trouble getting my head around adjusting the ghostlight(s) to get the illumination I had before.  I was getting great render speed with my scene setup.

Anyway, I'm still poking around in the forums looking for something that I can adapt for my particular use case.

Lee

Revert back your DAZ or stop using them, because they don't work.

• DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 36

leemoon_c43b45a114 said:

Emission color is 1,1,1

Emission Profile is None

Luminance is 625

Lee

You will need to remove the black texture map. To stop the ghost light being seen in the render set the “Iray Visible to Primary Rays” property, as described earlier in this discussion.