Is there a fox figure somewhere?

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

i mean as in a real fox, not an anthropomorphic fox morph for a human figure. I could sure use one, a red one, for a book cover I need to do.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,605
    edited December 1969

Content paradise has a couple. They say poser only but maybe they could work. I've used their animals before

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,941
    edited December 1969

There are a couple, but none of them are really state of the art. The best is probably Allesandro's one sold under the Papillion69 name at Rendo. There's also one at OnTarget3d and Lynn has a free Fox morph for the Poser wolf at http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree1.htm

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Content paradise has a couple. They say poser only but maybe they could work. I've used their animals before

I use Poser so that's not a problem.

I'll check all of these options out. Thank you!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    My avatar is rendered from the 9mbi.com fox, which was the most usable fox out there for a long while (although the ears are a smidge off). Unfortunately 9mbi.com lost their domain name(!), but amazingly enough their web server is still running, serving ads and downloads to a userbase that can no longer reach it... :O I wish I could find the people who ran it, as I could fix all their issues with it, and make it viable again pretty easily...

I keep hoping that DAZ will refresh the canids with Genesis tech, and be so kind as to offer a Fox morph, but if they do, it's some time off.

Lynn has a free Fox morph for the Poser wolf at http://www.lynescreations.com/lynesfree1.htm
    Those instructions are unusable for some, as they rely on having a copy of UVMapper which no longer runs on Mac OS X, unfortunately.

One of the ones at OnTarget3d is unfortunately *terrible* looking, and the other is Allesandro's, which is decent, but has a few issues.

At one point (a year ago) Belovedalia was trying to make a LAMH preset for the 9mbi fox, but never got back to it. I have LAMH myself, but my LAMH attempts have been...less than successful. I actually still have the 9mbi fox in it's original zip form, straight from their server as of a few months ago.

All told, my fervent hope remains that DAZ redoes the Canids, and creates both a fox and wolf morph for the dogs.

-- Morgan

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Lynes Fox definitely looks the best, but I can't use it. I'm new in this 3D-stuff, don't own poser or UV mapper, and the DAZ wolf I bought doesn`t work with Lynes Fox. Besides, the DAZ wolf doesn't even look very much like a wolf, more like a stuffed toy with big teeth. I find it a bit disappointing that I can't find a decent fox to work with. Would be so nice If there was a fox obj for Lynes Foxes for sale somewhere (even better, if free), but no such luck ...

• provencialprovencial Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

This fox is not rigged but it's free and looks pretty good, works in Poser and Daz Studio...

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/fox.htm

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Lynes Fox definitely looks the best, but I can't use it. I'm new in this 3D-stuff, don't own poser or UV mapper, and the DAZ wolf I bought doesn`t work with Lynes Fox. Besides, the DAZ wolf doesn't even look very much like a wolf, more like a stuffed toy with big teeth. I find it a bit disappointing that I can't find a decent fox to work with. Would be so nice If there was a fox obj for Lynes Foxes for sale somewhere (even better, if free), but no such luck ...

I'm not entirely sure that UVMapper is the only way of doing it...but it's the way that the instructions are written for.

UVMapper. Classic is free and available here...but it only works on Windows.

http://www.uvmapper.com/downloads.html

I haven't redone the wolf yet...

If I remember, the current form of the wolf comes in, it's still in the Poser content, I think, is compressed (an obz) and you'll need to run it through an archive manager (7zip) and decompress it first.

cherpenbeck...which wolf?

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited March 2015

Hopefully not long to wait: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/60778/
    ;)

Post edited by Atticus Bones on
    edited December 1969

I bought the figure which is just calles Wolf, DAZ Original. DAZ and Poser format, it says.
    As I understand Lynes directions, I will need Poser to make the Fox obj.
    Which I don't have, besides, as I said, I'm a beginner, and that looks strange and difficult to me.

This other fox on digital creations seems to be static, I need one which can interact with other animals. But thanks for the link.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2015

;)

OOh that is looking good.

I currently use Lyne's fox, but then I do have Poser, I have to admit I did think that the old DAZ 3D wolf was the Poser wolf by another name, as the Poser wolf is by zygote.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,619
    edited December 1969

It's almost done, and will have an arctic fox too. I hope to hand it over to DAZ Store this weekend...
    Here another test render (still need to make more work on the fur). Cheers

Fox_side7d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 583K
    edited March 2015

So good, Alessandro. I'd love to see your take on rodents. Really need a lab rat, and Noggin's is starting to look a little dated.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

It's almost done, and will have an arctic fox too. I hope to hand it over to DAZ Store this weekend...
    Here another test render (still need to make more work on the fur). Cheers
    I can't even...

There is no 'SQUEEE!' large enough!

-- Morgan

Take_My_Money.jpg
    476 x 358 - 35K
    edited December 1969

That fox looks great. Can't wait to buy him!

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300
    edited December 1969

You don't need Poser to use Lyne's Fox - here is a quick and dirty render of two of her foxes. Needs work on the surfaces to look good in DS, this is just to show you don't need Poser to convert the DAZ Wolf.

But Alessandro fox is on my list when it is released :-)

fox.png
    522 x 637 - 210K
  • rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Please, Please tell me that lovely new for will work in Poser as well ? ( even if does have an LAMH fur coat ?)

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Definitely looking forward to Alessandro's fox - looks fantastic

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,349
    edited December 1969

Freyfaxi said:
    Please, Please tell me that lovely new for will work in Poser as well ? ( even if does have an LAMH fur coat ?)

If it is the same as Alessandro's other recently released figures (see the various bear cubs), then it should work natively in Poser (ie you will not need to use DSON). However the LAMH preset will not work in Poser, and they do look much better covered in proper fur.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

I bought the figure which is just called Wolf, DAZ Original. DAZ and Poser format, it says.
    As I understand Lynes directions, I will need Poser to make the Fox obj.
    Which I don't have, besides, as I said, I'm a beginner, and that looks strange and difficult to me.

Ummm you do not need Poser,it's just Lyne works in Poser and doesn't use DS, to make the Fox work, you do need UVMapper ,and a bit of patience ,I'm willing to help if you are willing wanting to try. I use DS and have most of Lyne's critters.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Definitely looking forward to Alessandro's fox - looks fantastic

For sure!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

OMG. WANT!

;)
  • ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited December 1969

So good, Alessandro. I'd love to see your take on rodents. Really need a lab rat, and Noggin's is starting to look a little dated.

You're talking needs of the 3d world? How about a Bunny! There's the Noggin rabbit but they're not really the same, but for cute bunnies...the kind that people might be wanting to use in pictures around this time of year...I've found no bunnies.

bunny.jpg
    450 x 250 - 48K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Scavenger said:

You're talking needs of the 3d world? How about a Bunny! There's the Noggin rabbit but they're not really the same, but for cute bunnies...the kind that people might be wanting to use in pictures around this time of year...I've found no bunnies.

That's probably due to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_bunny

edited December 1969

Greetings,

Scavenger said:

You're talking needs of the 3d world? How about a Bunny! There's the Noggin rabbit but they're not really the same, but for cute bunnies...the kind that people might be wanting to use in pictures around this time of year...I've found no bunnies.Well, Atticus did say they wanted Alessandro's take on rodents... ;) But no, you're absolutely right, if we're going to have an awesome fox, we need [strike]fox snacks[/strike] bunnies as well.

-- Morgan
    p.s. I know they're not rodents anymore...but they were!

edited March 2015

Rabbits were once classified as rodents? Well, you learn something new everyday.

edited December 1969

She's sleeping but will soon awake...

red_fox_sleeping.jpg
    808 x 740 - 378K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Very realistic Alex. Love that fur!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Fluffy! :)

BTW, is it just the one red fox, or are there colour variations?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Very realistic Alex. Love that fur!

thanks Richard!