Alternate UV Problems

nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
edited December 1969 in The Commons

OK, I followed this short guide to create a new UV set for the G2F Gens: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/637772/

Everything seems to have worked, but when I apply a Texture to the Gens, I get weird distortions.

Steps I followed:

Loaded the Gens in DS
Set Resolution to Base
Exported as .obj using the Blender export preset
Imported the .obj into Blender 2.72
Adjusted the UVs
Exported .obj
Loaded the UV set in DS
Applied the Texture

UV_Issue.jpg
1684 x 856 - 199K

Comments

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

OK, checked the UV View in DS and the whole thing is scrambled. Anyone know what I did wrong? I used the default settings when I exported from Blender.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947
    edited December 1969

is it scrambled as a geograft or just a stand alone unfitted item?
    if so this also happens with the default UV's in Carrara, Octane render and exported to FBX,
    geografting changes the geometry somehow, prolly not much help to you but might shed some light on to what is happening,
    DAZ studio seems to have some way of compensating for the joined vertices other programs do not as it becomes one mesh with the figure.

edited December 1969

The UVs get scrambled both unfitted and fitted. Oddly enough, if I import the object file I'm using for the UVs, they're perfect.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited March 2015

I've adjusted UVs in Blender and exported them successfully so I know it can be done. I don't think it matters whether it is a Geo-Graft or a base model.

Are you using the correct import and export settings in Blender? (Such as those given by jestmart in this thread.)

Post edited by Hiro Protagonist on
    edited December 1969

I'm still learning Blender, wasn't aware of the import/export settings needed.

edited December 1969

Awesome, jetsmart's info worked!! Now it's just lining up the UVs and I'm golden!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Of course it did, I iz a jeenis after all :)

edited December 1969

LOL, and so modest...