Can you point me to a bed that has morphs to deform it around an occupant?

ioyo2000-vpioyo2000-vp Posts: 10
edited March 2015 in The Commons

Can you point me to a bed that has morphs to deform it around an occupant? Hi. The subject should be self-explanatory. I just need to type something here to keep the forum software happy. I would kind of like to not have to poke it with the deformer horseshoe for hours. Thanks in advance if you can help out!

Edited to add the actual question to the body of post

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited December 1969

Maclean's The Bedsit has a bed with a "lie down" morph. It also has a couple of other morphs for a person sleeping in the bed.

maclean_bed.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 211K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947
    edited December 1969

The hospital bed has an occupant morph too I think, cannot check now.

• Lord MajesticLord Majestic Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

If you are using Studio you can use the Smoothing Modifier to do it with a lot of beds, results depend on the mesh, some work better than others.

Apply the Smoothing Modifier to the bed, or part of bed you want to deform, i.e the mattress. Set the Collision Item to your posed figure and lower it onto the bed. Tweak the Smoothing and Collision Iterations until you get a good result.

• ioyo2000-vpioyo2000-vp Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

If you are using Studio you can use the Smoothing Modifier to do it with a lot of beds, results depend on the mesh, some work better than others.

Apply the Smoothing Modifier to the bed, or part of bed you want to deform, i.e the mattress. Set the Collision Item to your posed figure and lower it onto the bed. Tweak the Smoothing and Collision Iterations until you get a good result.

Ooh thanks!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,664
    edited December 1969

i also add a deformer to the bed to depress key areas, less work for the collision detection.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

i also add a deformer to the bed to depress key areas, less work for the collision detection.

+1
    even when I model a bed in Bender I use this method in Studio, but for finer control it helps if the mattress is a different mesh (object) than the bed-frame.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

In Poser Pro 2014 I just use the morph brush to add deformation to furniture, chairs, beds, what ever. I've even used it on terrains to add dinosaur foot prints