How to install a bare-bones DAZ Studio 4 in addition to existing edition ?

Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,938

Hello all

I want to do a few things that I have not been able to since 4.5, so as I have a copy of 4.0 still in my backups I wish to install that but in such a way that it does not interfere with my current setup, and also without migrating everything backwards onto the install.

Apart from buying another computer is there a simple way for doing this ????!!??

Regards, Bunyip

Edited to make title clear that it was DAZ Studio 4, not DAZ 3D' Victoria 4, that was the subject

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

Not that I am aware of. What is it that you can't do in 4.5 that you could in 4.0?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,938
    edited December 1969

Hello Richard

There were about half a dozen morphs which last worked in Version 4 but I have not had any luck with since.

I'll leave them in the future computer category, if I get a new computer some day I'll install 4 and upgrade the morphs before I install the latest version of DAZ then available.

Probably the easiest way around it.
    Morphs are not on my must have list, just on the would be nice to have list.

Regards, Bunyip

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,958
    edited December 1969

If they are simple morphs you could always install 4.0, load the figure, apply each morph in turn and export as OBJ, then switch back to DS 4.7 and load the exported OBJs to rebuild the morphs.