FIXED- Imagoni Baker serial number - login Carrara problem

SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
edited March 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hello,

Just a quick plea for help. I did try to search the forum, no luck for me.

I bought Baker and installed it according to directions for 64-bit PC.

When I open any file or just open Carrara (every time now), it asks me for the number, but when I it into the dialogue box in the correct slots, nothing happens, and nothing happened the first time I opened Carrara after installing it. The dialogue box does not go away. I can "x" it out and continue to use Carrara, but Baker isn't available.

I emailed Imagoni (Julien Chaplier) at the email address where I got the product and key, on 6 March, but no reply. I will wait till Monday in case he keeps regular workday hours, but thought in the meantime someone here might know what I am doing wrong?

Cheers, SileneUK

Post edited by SileneUK on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

First make sure it is the latest one off their site, (though DAZ did update it in DIM)
    your DAZ serial will still work
    open Carrara as an administrator by rightclick on shortcut and enter it and close Carrara.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy,

I bought it direct from Imagoni and installed it to the files in the Cararra programme extension folder.

It didn't matter about running as admin. :(

I typed it in myself and copied and pasted, checking I was not adding any spaces or anything. I am leaving out the dashes in the email and they are their in the dialogue box as is normal...right?

I did see an opportunity in one of the shader functions to click on Baker, but when I did it said that feature was not available in Trial Version, but other than that, I do no not see any place where Baker is accessible.

Hopefully the chap will reply tomorrow. Maybe the number is wrong...there are a lot of O's (oh's) vs 0's (zeros) in it, hmmmm.

:down: Silene

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited March 2015

OK I started over, removed the files from Extensions and tried the install again. This time typing each slot, then hitting OK after each section. Of course nothing happened, but when I put the final 4 digits in, and hit OK...it went through! Weird!

But, now I cannot open my file...... :down: I wonder if it got corrupted along the way. I have a semi-backup but without a lot of enhancements to the scene.

Oh well.... it's going to rain tomorrow, so will be working on that I guess.

At least it's solved. Thanks, Wendy for getting me to think about it some more. Got there in the end.

x Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on